Search Fishin.com

Thread: Fall Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Fall Creek

Does anybody do any good on fall creek anywhere from Shadeland on down to the falls there near the Fair Grounds? Mostly looking for Smallies and Catfish. A buddy and myself have been fishing Fall Creek a lot recently between Shadeland and Emerson Ave. and there are some very nice looking holes, we have had success with smallies in the 10-12" range, nothing spectacular, but this creek looks like it could hold some big smallies. We have also caught some big carp out there...there's tons of them in there, we saw them one day and decided to head over to O'malia's supermarket and pick up some corn and we caught several in the 12-15lb range...But anyways, any info on catching smallies and channel cats in this area would be helpful, I'm not expecting anybody to give up a honeyhole. Tight lines everybody!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fall Creek

most of the creek there you have to either wade or lewis and clark it through the woods. there's a rock dam across from the church between 46th and emerson you can get too. the deck by 46th the water is only a couple feet deep at best but nice for suckers. best way to really do that stretch is probably in a canoe. have you tried the pond by the creek just off 56th next to the hiking path? i've caught some nice bass and crappie out of there.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fall Creek

thanks for the reply spaz...i've waded several spots there between shadeland and emerson and have found plenty of small smallies. i've also found several rock damns around there, one is near the spot u mentioned at that pond...i havent been around the 46th street bridge, but it always looks nice down around there. that pond you mentioned, a buddy and myself fished that several times this year, it was most productive in early summer/late spring, closer to the flood period. later on in the year, too many people go there and catch all the good sized ones and keep them which allows for the dink bluegill population to explode. we caught some decent sized largies and a couple smallies out of there, but after we couldn't catch them anymore, we started just going to the supermarket and picking up wheatys and fishing there, it proved effective for several carp, a few channel cats, and about the biggest bullhead i've ever caught in my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fall Creek

I dont know much about north of the falls, but between the College Ave. bridge and 38th street there are some MASSIVE smallies and carp. I havent caught any carp, but they look like they're in the 12-15 lb. range. As far as smallies go, yesterday I caught a 19 inch by the Monon Bridge. Took sometime to get that beast in. Maybe I'll see you guys out there oneday!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fall Creek

Is it legal to wade in fall creek? I wasn't sure if it was or not. I'm still new to wading and am having a heck of a time finding out if I'm allowed to be in a place or not. I seem to get kicked out more than I catch fish.

Jason