Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

BASS vs FEDERATIONS

I'm noticing a lot of posting on the KY board about the treatment the Federations are receiving from BASS. I have not seen anything posted on the In. board. I'm wondering if it's just not a concern to the Bass and Federation members from Indiana. I'm not that up on what is happening but I do know that BASS is in the sewer. I used to enjoy Sat mornings watching the fishing shows but now it seems that they are all built around "crazy Ike" and Charlie Moore. A little of either of them goes a long way. Wonder if there are other opinions out there or if the Indiana side just doesn't really care...........

Post Thanks / Like

RE: BASS vs FEDERATIONS

After posting the above I went to Bassfan.com and read both sides of the issue. Sounds to me like someone is trying to stick it to someone. The first someone being BASS and the latter someone being all the rest of us club members.........

Post Thanks / Like

If you are a federation member this effect you. Keep a close eye on the situation and contact your state federation president I am sure he is involved.

Post Thanks / Like

There is definetely a shift to marketing since ESPN took over BASS.

They feature almost exclusively the younger, more personable anglers on the tour. Mike Iaconelli, Skeet Reese, Jerald Swindle are on almost every week on BassCenter or Loud Mouth Bass. Even Kevin VanDam is short on getting playing time, because he keeps to himself pretty much.

The good anglers that don't get any time usually are Greg Hackney, Edwin Evers, Zell Rowland, Terry Scroggins, Brent Chapman to name a few. You might see them on the shows occasionally, but not every single week like the Iaconnelli and Swindle. Gerald Swindle has never won a tournament on B.A.S.S. major tour, yet he is on multiple broadcasts every weekend.

Jay Kumar, the co-host on Loud Mouth Bass is the co-owner of BassFan.com. You will notice he is always touting his computerized angler ranking system.

I still watch the shows, when the weather is bad.

Post Thanks / Like

what is/are the issue?????/

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the biggest issue are the higher entry fees and lower guaranteed payback. Look at the payout at the BassMaster Classic last summer, past the top 5 guys, the payout is pathetic.

I may be wrong, but I think entry fees are going up to $7500 per event. Beyond the top 50 anglers, the rest of the guys will be broke. Counting gas, food, lodging, etc... An event will be nearly $10,000 out of pocket.

BASS even acknowledges by the end of the season they will have events that will start on day 1 with less than 100 boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass has terminated all the Federation Dist. Reps. and mandated that all Federation dues will go up $5 per member and will be payable to BASS by Dec 31, 05. The Dist.Reps maintain that they are appointed by the State Federation Presidents and that BASS has no power over them. They also want a complete accounting of the dues monies. ESPN, BASS and Mr. Rucks are demanding complete control over everything when it comes to money.......seems to me.

You can read the whole thing at Bassfan.com. I suggest that you do so if you are a Federation member. This will effect you....

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the Indiana B.A.S.S. Federation Web site, there will be a pop up massage from President Bradley, it states, Do not mail your dues to B.A.S.S. until after the General Membership Meeting in Indianapolis on December 10, 2005. The meeting will be at 1:00 PM at the State Fair Grounds in the Eddy's Building.

He also states that every Club needs to have a Representative at this meeting.

We should all try to attend this meeting, this could impact us all!!! Remeber, we are the GRASS ROOTS.
    Bill Kehl

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, you are correct. I dropped my membership a while back and bowed out of any Federation clubs when Disney/ESPN bought B.A.S.S. I saw the writing on the wall. If the Federation dropped B.A.S.S. and went in another direction with their own circuit and Championship, I would probably get back in. As long as Rucks and ESPN are in charge of the sport I love, I will stay out. I know a few members who feel the way I do and a couple clubs who have dropped their affiliation with the Federation/B.A.S.S.

Ray Rigby

Post Thanks / Like

Ray, I feel pretty much the same way, the only reason that I am a card carring member of B.A.S.S. is my club, I do enjoy fishing with them. My club is not a Top 8 club, therefore we fish tournaments for the right to fish Top 8 and hoping to move on. It looks like this dream will soon be over.

I really wonder if anyone in the controlling seats think about us, the little people. B.A.S.S. controls those fishing for a living, do they really need to control us, the Weekend Worrier.

Regardless of the out come of this mess, I will continue to enjoy the sport of Bass Fishing, I do have over choices, that is why I also fish with The Fishers of Men National Tournament Trail.
    Bill