Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

What a morning at Bass Pro Shop!!!

I arrived at 6:10AM and the place was already crowded. I left at 9:30AM after checking out.(Long Line)The folks were still coming in. It was wall to wall people. Alot of good buys this morning only and alot of folks were taking advantage of it.

Got some more stuff I probably didn't need other than my new electric fillet knife. I've been wanting one for a long time just to cheap to buy one. It's a faster way to clean fish for sure.

I think I'll wait and go during the week next time. Talked to alot of folks not from this area who came to see the store and pick up whatever they needed. This store will be a huge sucess for BPS.

If any of you guys get a chance come and see it. The inside upstairs and down is something else to see. The fish tank has several big cats in it but not much else unless you want to look at a big carp.

More good buys can be had the next several days as well. Check them out online for more information.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

RE: What a morning at Bass Pro Shop!!!

Larry,i got there right after you did and yes,it was packed but well worth the hassle for the kinds of deals they had.A friend of mine picked up 4 of the frog toggs suits cause they were 50% off and guys were askin him if he'd sell them one cause they ran out of them.Great sale and an awesome store!!The fish tank should be full in about 2 weeks,the ph level was too high and the fish that were in there died but will be replaced after they get the water adjusted,thats what one of the sales guys told me anyway,,,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it's going to be a great store. Hope you didn't buy one of them cordless American Angler Fillet Knifes. Those thing's motor's will smoke (litterly) when you try to fillet even a small crappie. I finally got mine to hold a charge and then used it on my last batch of crappie. I had to stop after the first fish as smoke started coming out of the handle. Evidently the motor or gears got overheated. And this was in NOV. I will not recommend these PORTABABE BATTERY Operated AA fillet knifes to anyone.

One the other hand the 110V American Angler and the External Powered 12V DC American Anglers Fillet knifes that I have work great.

Not sure why only the battery nicklemetalhydride powered fillet knife overheated. The first battery powered AA fillet knife I purchased never would hold enough charge to clean even one fish. I took it back and bought the new and improved model. This is the one that overheated.

Went to the local Wholesale Bait shop a few weeks ago in early Nov. Went to get some minnows and the owner and his son showed me a huge 40lb to 50lb catfish that someone had caught and left with the bait shop. The bait shop has huge tanks of water and they put this catfish in one of those tanks all by itself. This catfish was unique in that it was Black and White. It reminded me of a panda in that it has black and white spots or splotches all over it's body. Never saw a fish that color before. I told Mat and his dad that they should get that fish put in an Aquarium. It would be cool if the BPS new Aquarium could display this fish. I don't know who caught it or anything but everyone should be able to see such an unusual fish. I asked them if they had talked to the IN DNR about this fish. I figured the Fishery Biologists might want to see this fish. Have any of you guys ever seen this coloration pattern on a catfish?

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they were using Well Water to fill that Aquarium? My city has deep wells along the Ohio River and they water they deliver to me is of very high pH. I have to treat it to keep my aquarium fish going.

Now the City of Evansville, IN takes it's water out of the Ohio River and they treat it and send it to the people. That waters pH and conductivity is much lower than my water from the wells.

Can't wait unil they get the aquarium up and running.

Regards,

Moose1am