Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Monroe Resevoir Success

Hello to all! I wanted to say thanks to Slowretrieve, jsy, and 3 sons for the info and advice on Monroe Resevoir Wiper fishing. You guys made it possible for me to have a great trip this weekend. We had never caught Wipers before and we had never fished Monroe before. With your help my two friends and I caught 13 Wipers on a mix of jigs, soft plastics, and flies. The water was 43 degrees with a slight wind, but the Wipers didn't seem to care. Most of our fish were in the 24" range with two of them pushing 27". For our first trip for a new species for us we had a great time. Thanks again guys for all your help. Its a long drive form Fort Wayne, but well worth it for those hard fighters!! I'm going to try and post some pics, but Im not sure how to do that on this board. Tight Lines and Screamin Drags to Ya!! FWFeecherman

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Monroe Resevoir Success

Glad to see you had a good time. Sounds as if you hit them at a good time. With wipers you just never know, but I'm happy you gave them a try. Just curious, you said you used flies. Did you rig these like the 'float n fly' technique or are you talking about a small jig?

Anyway, I hope you are able to post some pictures, I would love to see your success!

Thanks for the post!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Monroe Resevoir Success

I'm glad you had a good trip, too. 3sons is right; you just never know with wipers. I went out the week before and two of us fished for six hours and only managed to turn up one yellow bass. Glad you guys had a good trip!