Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

BASS Weekend Angler Series

Are any of you guys planning on fishing this circuit next year? I read the format in the last Bassmaster magz. and it doesn't seem too bad. It does cost twice as much as the Federation tourn. but only 4 tourn. instead of 6 and it give you a more direct shot at making the BASS Classic. You don't have to be a member of a federated club, just BASS member, don't have to fish top 8 which is a much harder route to the classic I think. In my opinion, I think this circuit was designed to replace the current federation tournaments. However, the payout is low considering the cost of the entry fee. As far as the total cost goes, it probably even out if you consider the entry fee/gas/food/lodging money you would save from having two less tournaments. I am not trying to promotes this circuit or anything guys, just want to find out the participation number because I'm considering it.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: BASS Weekend Angler Series

The payout isn't that bad considering first place at the regional wins 50 grand and thats a no entry fee tourney.I'm planning on fishing it and so are a few other guys i know.

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys are Federation anglers you may want to hold off. Looks like there is trouble in paradise between Bass and the Federations. Bass just banned all the Federation Rep from any BASS event.......theres an IBF meeting on the 10th of Dec. They have posted a note on their website for clubs not to send dues to BASS until after the outcome of that meeting is known. They are also requesting a member from each club to be in attendence.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of our team guys fished the Weekend Series in 2005 and really liked it. They said the tournaments were run excellent and very professinally and the payouts were great. They have a lot in this region in 2006. I'm not sure about IN, but in KY they have 2 entire divisions.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know who is the Hoosier division director is? or contact point?

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the Tn/Ky as a non boater just because I didn't have enough vacation to fish as a boater . Got 6th in the first one but not much after that so I went to old hickory and fished the 2nd chance and came in 4th so now I am going to Toho in Jan. I had a great time and thought that once they got the first couple under there belts they went smooth.And as far as the National Championship they are furnishing 06 Tritons and everything down to your lunch and drinks so I think it's going to be a great event and I plan on fishing the boater side hoosier next year!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The new series is going to be ran by Dan Simmons. He ran the IBF a couple of years ago. I hope that most fisherman in Indiana will continue to fish the Federation tournaments.If we don't support the IBF it won't be around very long. The IBF circuit is a very good circuit,at their classic you fish against 40-45 fisherman for a Ranger 519 with Mercury 200 hp motor,on the co-angler side if they get enough entries through out the year they aslo fish for a new Ranger boat. Last year they didn't have enough co-anglers to give the boat away,but the 2 years before that they did. If we don't support our own Federation circuit it won't be around when the BASS Weekend Series goes away, or they go in adifferent direction.Please tell all fisherman who are looking to fish in a good circuit with alot of good fisherman to fish the IBF circuit