Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dirty goins-on at Painter Creek

Can't sit on this story any longer. Two Saturdays past this last one my son Ryan (15) and I drove down to Patoka to brave what turned out to be strong winds. We launched at Painter to the booms of deer guns to the west. Lots of hunters launched out of there that day. I was cruising down the right hand shore after going under 145, just kicking back, watching the Lowrance. After a few hundred yards there is a small notch in the shoreline. As we got closer to that I moved out away from the short to avoid the two treetops sticking up about a foot around 20 feet off the shore. As I got closer something nagged at me - something was wrong. I got nearly even with the treetops, eyes glued to the sonar. My son said "Dad, check out the deer!" The treetops were a buck and doe that I guess had swam clear across from the other side to get away from the hunters. I made a sharp u-turn and told Ryan to get the camera. As we idled back the deer got out of the lake and ran up on a high bank - and proceeded to do the nasty. After the buck was done - didn't take long - I swear the doe turned her head and gave him a look like "I swam all that far in 48 deg. water for THAT?" That spike horn was a heck of a stud in my book. At my very best I don't think I could have done much for at least half an hour after a cold dunk like that! Ryan believes he got a good picture. It was a disposable camera, and just has three shots on it but I am going to get it processed asap just to see how it turned out. Could be a bummer, but could also be a masterpiece. If it is at all decent I will post it on my foxcrafter.com website and let all know when it is up. Hope you enjoy this story as much as we did living it. Catch a few!

Tracker 60 Jon

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Dirty goins-on at Painter Creek

Thats a good story. X rated deer stories are the best.

I used to be a senior staff writer for Penthouse Forum, but finally after 15 years had to give the job up because I ran out of material and suffered from worker burn out.

We were sworn to duty that all our articles were factual. I got old, developed a beer gut, and my job was eventually outsourced.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Dirty goins-on at Painter Creek

LOL now that was funny!

I saw two deer swimming across Blue Grass Pit last Oct but they were swimming too fast for me to catch up with them. No sexy stuff occured that I remember. But it was cool to see them swimming so strongly across the pit. I was moving at the high setting on my Min-kota 50 lb trolling motor which is approx 2.5 mph when the gas motor is tilted up and out of the water. I fish out of a fishermarine bass boat with the flat front end so it's not really streamlined in the water. So the deer were swimming pretty fast. They were out in front of me and had a head start as they were almost half way across the lake when I first saw them in the water. I had just come out of crappie cove and didn't see them entering the water. I did see them getting out of the water and walking into the woods/brush.

If the pictures turn out you may have some neat christmas cards to send out LOL

Regards,

Moose1am