Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

White River 11-28-05

Got out yesterday afternoon from 4-5:30 in one of my fave spots in Broadripple...went and picked up some minnows and was drifting them near the bottom at the edge of the current and picked up a 12" sauger and 14" channel cat. Was glad to get another day of fishing in before it gets too cold for me lol. Tight lines to all and hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: White River 11-28-05

I also was out on sunday. Looking for one last bite, and did not get it. We were out for about six hours with no luck. Very unusual for the river. We usually can muster up a few dinks.

Did you find them in your same spots. We did't!! Where do all those fish go? They have to be stacked up somewhere!! any info would be great. We fish 12 months out of the year there.

Post Thanks / Like

where were you on the river? i won't give up my location, but it was south of the dam. i find in the colder months, fishing south of the dam easier because you can find a deep section of river that's surrounded by shallower water and you are bound to find fish stacked up in the deeper water. above the dam is harder because the river is much wider and the depth more evened out. my suggestion is try a spot south of the dam in broadripple and just look for any water that could be 5ft + deep with any sort of good cover, and also look for current breaks. best bet is drift on the edge of the current or in the current breaks. good luck if you try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I droped in at Broad Ripple. Great place, love to fish there but it seems to be getting more and more popular by the fisherman. I see lots of pressure this year. I believe this has contributed to the slow fishing. When you say dam or south of are you talking about going down river from the launch. I rarely go down from the ramp, but it always looks real fishy that way. We have all the luck up river. Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks for the info. Good Fishing!!

Post Thanks / Like

the dam i'm refering to is just downstream of the launch at broadripple park...u wont be able to take a boat down there unless its a canoe...it's not so much of a dam as it is a spillway. all the fishing we do below the dam and south of there is either wading or bank fishing. there is a small canoe launch about a mile downstream from the dam itself back by the art museum. this section of river holds some very large fish even though it gets quite a lot of pressure at times. there probably wont be too many people out around this time of year though. me and a couple buddies spent most of our summer fishing a few mile stretch of river, mostly went early in the morning or at night to avoid the majority of people. we must have caught 200+ fish, all released :). if your after bass, i have caught several smallies and a couple of largies pushing 2 1/2lbs. Mostly we did our best with catfishing though, I caught one that was about 22lbs and a couple others in the 10-15lb range. but again, this will require bank or wading for the most part unless you have a canoe. good luck to you.