Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

RE: Aluminum Bass Boats

Buy what you like Wmamos it's your money.

I have a 2000 Crestliner with a 150EFI mercury on it and it does a fine job. Rides pretty darn good and is built like a tank and is plenty fast. One thing I really like about this boat is it carries its 95" beam most of the way forward. It is a very stable boat and will take rough water better than many others.

Tracker has put many folks into boats that may not have been in boating period or fishing. You've got to give them credit. Trackers problem over the years has been their handling of warrenty issues. I hear more complaints about that involving their boats than any other and their trailers. I also have heard that tracker won't budge on their price either. A dealer like Plapps probably will work with you anyway they can, just don't expect them or any other dealer to give them away. They have to make money to stay in business.

Now as Matt has said there are better deals out there to be had on boats similar to theirs and he's right. I've been looking at different makes for my son who is going to buy a boat early next year. We're going to the boat shows around here and look at the different makes. He'd like one like mine but doesn't want to spend that much money right now with 2 young kids and all. I told him don't buy your first boat later, get it now whiles its cheaper.

I would suggest you get the widest beam possible in a aluminum boat regardless of brand. It will be much more stable.

Geo.....Crestliner started out making boats for Ranger and after several years Nova started making them. Big difference between the hulls and quaility. Then shortly after that they were gone from the market. I don't think Nova is around anymore maybe wrong though.

I'm at Patoka every weekend from March 1 to November 1 at our camp. I'll take anyone out for a ride in my boat anytime you'd like. Rain, shine, high winds or not, cold or hot and we'll run her right down the middle of the lake to the dam and then come back.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Lowe Boats

Plapp,

I looked at one at The Boat Place near Rockville. I bought my 2003 through them, but at the Indy Boat Show. They deal a lot nicer boats also than Lowe. I am well aware that Lowe is not the best boat out there, but mine hasn't sank yet and I don't have an issue with stability, I have had it on big water up North and in the ocean down in North Carolina and Pensacola Bay Florida. I wouldn't go out on a rough day, but it did just fine in good weather.

The G3 dealer (National Boat Mart) was un-realistic when they asked me to give them a $500 deposit before he would change his last offer. He also told me he didn't like customers putting him into a back and forth with another dealer at the Indy Boat show.

I thought I was doing what anyone would do, get the best boat for the money. I am satified I got a nice boat for the money I could spend. The Lowe came with a 50hp Yamaha, and the G3 only came with a 40hp. The only quality difference I could see was in the seats, the G3 had nicer seats.

The new 2006 Lowe 170W is a whole 8.5 inches wider than mine. I looked at it and really want the wider boat. It is very well equipped for a price of $11,000 . The motor is now Mercury since they bought them out. The seats are uprated also with a very high quality seat similar to the G3 level.

Is there a G3 aluminum boat out there equipped as well for $11,000 ? That is my main question. If there is another G3 dealer that shows up to the Indy Boat show, I will give them a shot. I can't recommend the National Boat Mart at all, I won't even talk to them anymore.

topwater

Post Thanks / Like

Skeeter Tourny @ Patoka

Since your from Patoka, I thought I let you know about a large tournament coming your way in 2006. Skeeter hosts their Northern Skeeter Owners Tournament every October and in 2006 it's moving from its spot on Lake Erie to Lake Patoka. You must be a Skeeter Owner to fish or fish with a Skeeter owner. The tournament gets between 150-200 boats, they pay back 95-100% of the cash I believe and they draw for a $25,000 boat out of the field. It's an awesome event and the folks down your way will love it. The tournament actually started on Patoka but moved up North for 5 or 6 years.

It's back, spread the word. As soon as I get the exact date I'll post it on our tournament calender on our website, www.plapps.com

Thanks
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I have used alum. boats for the last 25 years. All alum. boats have their strong and weak points. I currently use a h51 xpress which had a small front deck and is prone to proposing at high speeds. It also has it's good points. It might be wise to look at used alum boats as you can get a higher quality boat for the money you have commited to spend.In the( bass fishing home pages)there is a 2005 Triton mag alum. boat with a 125 hp mercury on it worth the money item number is 80826 if I didn't have the xpress I would be talking to the seller.I don't know the man selling the boat and have nothing to gain by mentioning the ad but it might be worth your while as he seems to be a motivated seller.good luck

Post Thanks / Like

i own a 2005 tracker 185 fishes great rides and handles great
    would highly recommend one to anyone