Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ice conditions in Northern Indiana?

Just wondering if anyone was able to get out on the ice yet. Im hoping to maybe get on the ice on either Wawassee of Jame's channels this coming weekend. I know that first ice fishing is the best, but I dont play around with ice less then 3" myself. Anybody out there yet? Tight Lines and Scramin Drags to Ya!!!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Ice conditions in Northern Indiana?

This is from www.indianainfo.net (Indiana Fishing and Hotspots)

Indiana Ice Conditions Report 12/7/05

Northern Indiana

Some areas are reported as safe and anglers are fishing: 1 1/2 inch to 4 inch'es reported in some small ponds and lakes. Ice is building. Some anglers are out ice fishing in far northern Indiana. Some areas are still awefully thin ice.

Central Indiana

Not Safe: Some skim ice reported in backs of coves 1/2 to 2 inch'es thick. Some small lakes & ponds are skimmed over, but un-safe to fish

Southern Indiana

Un-safe: Some skim ice

WarEagle

www.tristatefishing.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I've been watching that board as well. Im heading out tomorrow morning to James and Snow to see if I can get out. Tight Lines and Screamin Drags to Ya!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished yesterday on a farm pond in Monticello that had a solid 6 inches and have talked to many people that have been out on Shafer and Freeman. Adam Wright

Post Thanks / Like

If you want ice fishing conditions and reports for throughout the state you should check out iceshanty.com and look at the Indiana message boards. It is a very active website with many many many members posting tips, ice conditions, and reports. The people over there are friendly and everybody is willing to help, I have actually not come across a bad apple yet in the several years of using the message boards. Once you go to iceshanty.com click on forums at the top and it will list the different message boards for just about every state and providence ice fishing occurs.

There are other members of this message board who frequent that board as well, the states best walleye fisherman from this site is one of the top posters over there and one of the best ice fisherman out there, and he definately isn't afraid to give you info and help you out, only drawback he is a Wildcat fan.

I am actually heading out here in an hour or so myself to find ice, still trying to decide where I want to go, to many options so little time, however this week is vacation week, so I guess I have more time now. Be careful out there because all that snow on the ice can make good ice go iffy in no time at all.

Post Thanks / Like

5+inches solid ice in huntigton county possibly more north.