Search Fishin.com

Thread: Trout Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Trout Fishing

I know its early but im tryin to find out some info on the trout fishing at brookvilles tailwaters next spring. i dont own a fly rod and just wanna catch them on spinning gear. im curious as to know if anybody has info when the dnr stocks the tailwaters and what kind of lures or bait is best to use for them. also if the best stretch of area to catch them is right below the dam or downstream farther. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Trout Fishing

Hi ,
    Dont know much about Brookville but pick up a couple of cans of whole kernel corn for bait . Rainbows love it . Berkley yellow Power Trout bait works well also . If the water is warm { 50-70 } fish it close to the bottom , colder { 30-40 } fish it any depth .
    Tight lines.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Trout Fishing

The absolute best trout lure for rivers and streams is the Vibrax Minnow Spin made by Blue Fox.

You can catch brown, rainbow, cutthroat, and brook trout with relatively no skill at all.

Just use light line, and use it as a cross current presentation. Reel it just fast enough to keep the spinner moving and the balsa wood body keeps it from getting down, which is great in streams because you can work it even in 1ft of water.

Even my children can catch trout on it when we go out west. I had fly fishermen in Colorado and Yellowstone N.P. wanting to buy them from me right at the river.

For fast water, you want to buy the larger sizes with 2 treble hooks, and I don't even buy any less than 3/16oz.

Check link for a look at them ;
    http://www.troutlet.com/Scripts/prod...?idproduct=781

If you get enough time, the Cumberland Lake tailwater has some trout that will challenge you a lot more than the ones you will catch at Brookville.

topwater