Fished yesterday for a few hours. Didn't do much good. Only pulled up 4 crappie. I hooked into one nice big bass but evidently he was not hooked good. As I pulled the fish up to the surface from 18ft down on the bottom he started to swim away from the boat. I knew that my drag on the open faced spinning reel was set too tight when he pulled the hook loose and I watched him swim away and back into the depths. He hit much harder than the crappie. I felt a BIG THUMP!. But the bass fight like catfish in this 40.1 F deg Water. All they do is pull, pull, pull with steady pressure. This is the second time I have hooked into larger bass while crappie fishing. I am starting to think that's why my crappie are not there in numbers these days. Two of my normal holes are not producing as well as they did in the past, NOV. It was windy today. Steady winds coming out of the South at about 10 mph made boat control difficult but not impossible. I could move the boat forward a little bit on the #3 setting of my Min-Kotoa All Terrain 12 V DC trolling motor that's mounted on the bow of my boat. It was overcast for most of the day between 3 pm and dusk. A heavy bank of clouds was approaching from the West which made the sky dark long before sunset arrived. Barometer was rising slightly during the first part of the afternoon. Didn't check the GPS barometer reading after that. Fish I caught were near the bottom. One or two cranks of the spinning reel above the bottom. I got off the water as the sun was setting. Another day on the water in Dec. Overall it was not a good day fishing but it was nice to get outside again.

Never put your long johns on backwards no matter how much of a hurry you get in!