Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

News: Outboard Motors now allowed at Bluegras F&W larger pits

Here is the link to the article written by Phil Potter of the Evansville Courier and Press regarding the new boating regulations established at Bluegrass F&W Areas three largest pits.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/200...-ok-outboards/

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

RE: News: Outboard Motors now allowed at Bluegrass F&W larger pits

Well, I have already seen some guys running their gas motors on Birddog pit. This is NOT ALLOWED on any of the pits besides Bluegrass Pit, Loon Pit and Otter pit in the Bluegrass F&W area. The same guys were not going idle speed/no wake either.

I this keeps up Nate is liable to return all the pits back to Electric Motors only

Why is it that a few guys just can't understand some simple rules?

The new rules are posted on the Bulletin Board in the Parking Lot of Bluegrass Pit. South Parking lot with the concrete ramp is the one with the bulletin board.

I am wondering if there are any CO's guarding this new Wildlife Area.

Warrick has four CO's that I am aware of and most of the the time I hardly ever see them. They may be there and hiding but then again they may be elsewhere. I know that Warrick is a big country and that 4 officers are not really enough to catch everything that goes on down here.

Birddog pit is one of the few pits in the Bluegrass F&W area that has good water quality. It's conductivity is much lower and it's much less polluted. That won't be true if everyone keeps using gas motors in this small and shallow lake. I don't think this water is connected to the River or to Bluegrass Creek in any way. It's on much higher ground and I don't think that the land under this water has been mined for coal either. This is the pit with all the Water Lilies present. It's full of both submergent and emergent vegetation which makes it a very good pit for bluegills, bass and crappie. In fact the IDNR biologist recommend that about 25% of the weeds be removed to help the bass catch more bluegill and grow bigger. It would not take very much pressure on this small body of water to fish it out.

Regards,

Moose1am