Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Evansville Dicks Sporting Goods Reel clearance

Hey all ,
    Just to let all you lefty's know Dicks SG has Shimano Curado 201B SF for $89.00 . They had 3 left as of Thursday . The 201 is a left handed reel . They also had 1 Abu lefty baitcaster and some 1500 & 4000 Shimano Sahara spinning reels and I plan on getting some of those Friday . The Curado SF stands for Super Free - the spool shaft rests on a pinon gear and spins very easily making the reel cast really far . I love my Chronarch SF , very smooth . The Sahara's bearings have been plated with chromium, the corrosion resistant component of stainless steel and is concentrated on the surfaces of the bearing. This makes the outer surface extremely corrosion resistant, while maintaining the hardness of the stainless steel. The end result is a bearing that is at least 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard stainless steel bearings. I hope they get more fishing stuff in , the selection isnt very good right now . Anyway hats off to the state for letting us use our big motors at Bluegrass , fishing there just got a lot more fun . Now if they do the same at Dogwood , Turtle Creek , and all the other 10HP lake aroung here I might not mind paying $$$$ to launch .

Tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Evansville Dicks Sporting Goods Reel clearance

I agree. Wish we could get more guys to ask the IDNR to allow us to use the bigger motors at Idle speed at Hovey's and Turtle Creek and Dogwood. Now Dogwood I use my boat there once and use the electric trolling motor. I took my cousin up there and we caught a few smaller bass and had fun. No keepers mind you but we did catch a lot on ultra light spinning outfits using 4 lb test line and casting charlie brewer crappie sliders. Used those small plastic grubs with the flip tail that goes up and down as you retrieve the bait back to you. That flipper tail drives the bass wild. If you are having problems getting the bass to bite on cranks then give these 1/16 to 1/8 oz sliders jig head and grubs a try. Add some Dr Juice Bass Attractant and it will be hard to keep the bass off the bait.

My boat is hard to retrieve at the launch ramp using ropes. So this will be nice to be able to fire up the engine and drive the boat back onto the trailer like I do at all the other lakes I fish. I still will use a rope to launch the boat as I think it's faster that way. I just attach a 75 ft long rope to the front of my boat's bow and then to my trailer and unhook everything else. I can back the boat into the water and it will slide off the trailer and out into the lake. With a long rope I can pull the boat trailer up free of the water without pulling the boat back to shore. I just set the brake and stop the engine and hop out of the truck and go grab the rope and pull the boat to shore. I have quick connects snaps on each end of the rope so I can unhook the rope from the boat trailer and then snap it onto the handicap railing and then get the truck and go park. I came back and unhook the rope, put it away and push off and I am ready to fish. Now I can get into the boat and not have to push it off the bank and get the trolling motor ready. Now I can simply go to the back of the boat and put all my weight back there. This lifts the bow up and makes it easier to get the boat off the concrete ramp. Now I can use the gas motor to slowly back off the ramp and get to my fishing spots.

I like the fact that we can use the gas motor to launch and recover our boats. Just don't fire up the motor too much or you will cause erosion at the end of the ramp where the concrete ends and the mud begins. I hope that is not a problem. I know at Hovey's the DNR office gal said that was a problem there. Big motors were used to put the boats on and off the trailer and that was washing the mud away at the bottom of the concrete ramp. That left a big hole there and the concrete was actually breaking near the end of the ramp. Not sure why they can't just put some heavy limestone rip ramp right at the base of the concrete under the water. That should help stabilize that area. And it should be at the end of the ramp where it's deep enough to prevent the rocks from hitting the boat's props.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Evansville Dicks Sporting Goods Reel clearance

Did you see if they have any rod holders on sale? I need a rod holder for about 24 rods. My one rod holder is not enough to hold all my fishing rods that I have collected over the years. Dad had over 40 rods in his possession before he passed away and I inherited them all. Most of them are older fiberglass rods but they are nice for bank fishing for catfish etc.

I have purchased so many rods in my life time that I need a way to store them. I am thinking of getting one of them rod holders from Bass Pro Shops that have the caster wheels on the bottom. That way I can move the rods around in the room where I keep my fishing and hunting stuff. I have one extra bedroom that's devoted to this stuff along with all my camping gear. That's the room I keep the aquariums with my crappie and minnows. It needs a room air cleaner though. Those crappie sure can stink up an aquarium. LOL I am about ready to get rid of them and turn them loose in the pits. I am tired of feeding them minnows and cleaning the aquarium gravel. But they don't pop or pee on my carpets and they don't make any noise and scare the neighbors or cause me any other trouble. It's fun to watch them feed on the minnows. But I'll tell you what. A war-mouth is much more fun to watch feeding on the minnows. Now those fish can scoot and turn on a dime. I had one war-mouth in my aquarium for a year and man that fish was aggressive. I eventually had to turn him loose as he was eating me out of minnows.

Regards,

Moose1am