Search Fishin.com

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Creek fishing report

Hey to everyone ,
    Well I have a few days off work so I drove from Eville to Greene/Sullivan to do some trout fishing and it didnt work out to well due to some moron draining a pothole pit into the pit I was going to fish - the water ran down a gravel road to a ditch and then into my trout pit . I was bank fishing so I couldnt get away from the muddy water . I packed it up and went to Turtle Creek's north end to bank fish - tried that for 3 hours with Rattle-traps , spinner baits and berkley power worms with no luck . Wind was howling out of the southwest makeing it a challenge to cast . There was some gulls diving out in the lake but none very close to shore . The lake was rockin and rollin , you would need a descent boat to get around . Does anyone out there bank fish TC very much ? Where are the best spots ? I tried under the bridge and some of the backwater but a lot of the banks are posted no tresspassing . Anyway at least I got out of the house and got a line wet before it snows this week-end .

Tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Turtle Creek fishing report

I got out a few weeks ago but the warmer weather has provided nice temps throughout a greater portion of the lake. So, where they'd normally be bunched up in the warm end due to cold water, they're now scattered as comfortable temps are more towards mid lake than by the hotwater discharge.

The most action I found was the other public spot off the bank towards the middle. If you do a Google map you can probably see it.