Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville fishing this weekend

Coming down for the first time this weekend and would appreciate any helpful info. I see there is a BFL tourney Saturday out of Goose pond, where should we put in to avoid that crowd?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Guntersville fishing this weekend

The Waterfront Grocery ramp is about 5 miles or so south of Goose Pond on Hwy 79 ... but there might be a tourney there too. It can handle a good sized crowd, so give it a shot.
    Fish 'traps and suspending jerk baits in 3-9 feet of water with weeds present. I always like a jig 'n pig for the big bite after I've located some fish. They tend to stack up this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a waterfront ramp on my gps software, is that the same as the TVA ramp on Preston island?

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

The TVA ramp on Preston Island should not be crowded at all, but it is not as good a ramp as Waterfront. Last year it had a hole in the middle of the ramp, about 10 feet from the waterline. If you miss the hole it will be fine. Waterfront is a mile or so south of the Preston Island ramp, at the entrance to Pine Island Point, right across the road from Waterfront Grocery. It is hard to miss ... take my word for it. It may be crowded, but they have two ramps that can launch a total of 3 boats simultaneously. Waterfront has a huge selection of tackle and a grill with hot food. They offer guide services, as well as a good place to get some general info about the bass fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

hey Shadlips

Thanks for the info.

Do you have any advice for a first timer on where to fish (find the new grass in 3-9ft water)? Not asking for your honey holes!

Again any info is much appreciated, just want to catch some fish and have fun. Also is there any safety hazards we should look out for?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: hey Shadlips

Stop at Waterfront Grocery or Wal-Mart and buy an "Atlantic" brand map of Guntersville Lake. The 0-10 foot areas will be in two different shades of blue. Find an area with cover and deep water nearby and start watching your depthfinder as you cruise the area. This time of year the City Park and County Park areas in Scottsboro are good, as well as North Sauty and South Sauty Creeks. The lake has big fish all over it. Put your TM on medium, cruise likely spots you see on the map, and start chunking a red 'trap. You'll find some fish ... then slow down and fish the area with a Pointer ... long pauses. Watch your temperature guage too! The warmer spots with the right cover will usually hold the most fish. Get a big 'un or ten! Post with your results and mail the guide fee to .... just kidding!! Good Luck!!