Search Fishin.com

Thread: Florence bass

Post Thanks / Like

Florence bass

I came down that way a couple years ago and fished one afternoon on Cyprus Creek. Had one of the best days fishing (for something other than trout) I've ever had. I spend all my time in Virginia fly fishing for brook trout but it was a nice change to hook into some really nice bass on a fly rod. I wanted to make another trip down there in May but I'm not familiar with the area. Are most of the streams down that way as good as Cyprus or is it one of the better creeks down there. Any suggestions for camping? Any other suggestions or advice would be great. Thanks.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Florence bass

Cypress Creek has excellent smallie fishing with camping available at McFarland Park, where it meets the Tennessee River.
    I also like to fish Bluewater Creek which flows into Wilson Lake a few miles up river. Shoal Creek has great fishing from the Iron City, TN area all the way to the TN River. It is a larger body of water which is fished better from a canoe or small flat bottom boat rather than wading. There are quite a few good "bank access" spots on Shoal Creek. Shoal Creek holds 3-6 pound brown bass year round where the other creeks usually only have big fish during the spawn. There was a canoe rental place in Iron City, TN that allows overnite primitive camping on the river bank when using their boats. Here's a link to their site: http://www.tnvacation.com/vendors/sh...eek_canoe_run/