Search Fishin.com

Thread: big fish

Post Thanks / Like

big fish

comming first of april need some good advice staying at holiday inn on the lake in guntersville what is the best place to fish around there what is some good strategies for this time of year be staying a week need to know where some good places to eat and talk fishing

Post Thanks / Like

RE: big fish

Take Hwy 79 north toward Scottsboro ...You will see Waterfront Grocery on the left across from a boat ramp. They have a grill in there ... the food is OK ... but you can talk plenty of fishing in there. They operate a guide service out of there, so don't expect much more than general info from the owners, but you should be able to find some fishermen there or at the ramp across the street who will help you out. The water temps have dropped at least 10 degrees in the past 10 days or so. I would concentrate on the 3-9 foot range instead of the really skinny water. If the weather really warms up while you're here the bass will go to the "mud" (shallow). I would throw shallow jerk baits, spinner baits, 'traps, and some Senkos at the bass. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Will be down april 1st to 8th agian this year. Last year we came down. We caught around 100 bass with alot of 4 and 5 lbers and the biggest being 7.5 and 9.5 ........We done really weill c. rigin a lizard with char tail.......Sounds like it is going to be tough this year with the water temp dropping 10 deg.

Don't know what will work this year. It is always something different each year the year befor is was a watermelon/orange
    worm.

Wish you the best of luck.

BigB
    Kentucky

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your advice shadlips and bigB I hope to have some good luck this year me my brother and friend are coming hope to catch a lot of fish if not it will be good to get away for aweek and relax and injoy the scenery and get some good eaten and rest bigfish
    ky