Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Back from trip to Big G

Well just got back from a week at the lake. Started off kinda slow. Fish are starting to spawn made it hard to get a lot of bites. Got 9 one day all on a crawfish colored rattle trap. THey were hitting zoom lizards in June Bug Color and the ole trusted dead ringer in pumpkin and "char" tail. Got one last night that went close to 5lbs. We caught a lot of fish this year but not as good as last year. Lot more grass this year. Make sure you fish the flats in 1-4 ft water and out from any islands.

Hope this may help anyone going down soon.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Back from trip to Big G

I was down at Guntersville the 6th-9th. Fishing was very slow this year. Both of my clubs had tournaments on the same weekend so I decided to fish with the smaller of the two. We won with 19.81 lbs. Day 1 weight was 15.04 with a 7.24 big fish caught on a bleeding shad rattle trap. Day 2 only netted 2 keepers for 4.77. Practice did net a 7.50 a 5.04 and a 4+. Fishing again was very slow compared to years past. Everyone I talked to was having slow days. Fish were caught in 1-2 ft of water in pockets. Junebug lizard, redbug brushhog and rattletraps netted the fish. One 4lb+ fish was caught on a Pearl Ayu Pointer 78. Guntersville should pick up in a couple of weeks once the spawn is over and the fish start feeding again. The 7.50lb hog would have been around 9lbs in a month or so, she was so skinny and her tail still had fresh wounds on it.