Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville Anniversary

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-06 AT 07:18AM (EST)[/font][p]Guys, mine and my wife's anniversary is coming up in May and she wants to go fishing at the Big G. She's heard and seen many good stories and pics of my trips throughout the years and wanted to try it for herself. I've always either camped out or stayed in pretty rustic fish camps. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good house or cabin somewhere on the water that would be a little bit more modern or suitable for a couple's first anniversary. I'd like to make it a special stay as well as a good time on the water. Thanks in advance guys. Jason Gevedon

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Guntersville Anniversary

Goose Pond Colony has everything you could ask for and more. Cabins are awesome and if yur wife likes to fish these would be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-06 AT 08:38AM (EST)[/font][p]I agree 100% Goose Pond is great,They do have it all,most Cabins have ther own docks so you dont have to leave your boat tide up at the boat house,GREAT place to stay.

Post Thanks / Like

I found a house for rent in Mill Creek that looks pretty nice. It has it's own private pier and dock as well. It costs enough so I hope it is nice. I'm really looking forward to some hot topwater action. Just hope May 19-22 isn't too late to catch it.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!!!

My wife and I celebrate our 20th this year, and our anniversary is May 23. She and I have had some nice anniversary trips to KY Lake, and I hope you two also have a great trip.

I hope the action is hot and heavy!!!

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Danny, I hear you on the "hot and heavy". I hope the fishin is pretty good as well. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I just gotta tell this story of our vacation/anniversary that I was referring to.

I bought my wife this great baitcasting/rod combo, went nearly $300. She got to use it that day a couple of times, but not much. I got a little upset because I was wanting to move on to a point, and she kind of held me up, and some other people got on the point. Because I was a little angry, she got a little angry and decided to go back to the cabin, and told me to stay and fish. I was happy with that. So I was fishing, and when I made a cast... uhhmmmmm, using her rod and reel, did I mention I was on our pontoon?, well the lure hung on the railing, and I lost my grip. Her brand new anniversary present went in the lake in deep water. I drug that area for about 2 hours trying my dangest to get her rod back. I finally gave up an hour after dark. I got back to the cabin, and she is really angry now, cuz I stayed out and we missed our reservations. So she decided to have a bubble bath, and she slipped and stubbed her big toe, breaking it. Then I had to tell her I lost her brand new rod and reel. *whew*,.... and to thank I still kept her married to me another 15 years.

This year I'm not getting her fishing gear. LOL

But the fish were really biting for me... and up to that point I had only been bass fishing for about 2 years, and I caught more fish that trip than ever before in my life.

I hope your trip is much more pleasant than that.

BTW, I have a friend I've made on the Bassmaster message board from AL. He fishes a club that fishes Guntersville a time or two each year. I think this year he is at the AL river. I'm trying to get him and his friends to begin posting here too. I love to hear about fishing in other states, and pretend that I have the money to some day come down there and fish.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Danny it sounds like it had to be all downhill from there. lol. Congrats on the 15 years.