Fishing Tip of the Week 6/6/2006

It appears that this week should be a real productive time on the water, the fish have moved to the thicker grass edges and humps. Its time to start fishing the early summer time patterns; I have written about this in my “Summer Time Bass Fishing Tips” featured on www.fishin.com seasonal patterns for Lake Guntersville, that being to go top water early fishing the river channel and ledges and humps and then as the sun comes up and the top water bite goes away, you need to pull that spinner bait off those edges, or parallel them. Look for the shad they will lead to the bass and work those areas real hard with that spinner bait. If that does not turn the fish on start working a big worm with a 1/8 oz. Weight and pull it like a spinner bait or swim it gently over the grass, changing speed and presentation with it continuously.
Remember the grass line needs to look like it holds fish so look for irregular grass lines with 10 ft. or so of water under it. It’s no different than fishing a bank; both need irregularities about them to be productive.
Well I have just returned from a week of vacation and am looking to get back fishing with you. I am wide open this up coming weekend and am only booked Monday and Wednesday of next week. The rest of the week and the rest of this week I am looking to fill. Please call ASAP and let me help you learn to fish Lake Guntersville Alabama, get ready to fish a tournament or just enjoy a leisure day on the water.

Fish Lake Guntersville Guide Service
www.fishlakeguntersvilleguideservice.com
Email: bassguide@comcast.net
256 759 2270
Mike