Fishing Tip of the Week for Lake Guntersville Week 6/12/2006

It appears the summer time heat is here and the bass fishing will be tough for many reasons.
1. The heat will be mentally tough to overcome
2. The Knats will drive you nuts
3. The oxygen level in the water will diminish quickly
4. The bites will be limited to certain times of the day
The good news is the active fish should bunch up when they are feeding and when you catch one, you’ll probably be able to find more active fish within 50 yard of the area you a getting the bites. The way to fish this upcoming week will be to take advantage of the low-light days or part of the days, find the baitfish and work those areas hard. The top-water bite should still be fairly good early in the morning and late in the evening. Use all available sunlight deflectors you can find to catch fish. Like boat houses, the wind as it also deflects the light, hope they are pulling water, grass areas with obvious holes where you can drop a bait and of course the low light part of the day.
Having said this, the top-water bite will be the most productive bait in the early and late part of the day, with a worm being the most productive in the high sun part of the day. You need however to try different patterns with the worm, use a long 10 inch monster worm, only fish it in 3 different patterns the first being with a 1/8 oz. Weight Texas rigged and the next being on a heavy ¾ oz. Weight Texas rigged. Also, set it up as a Carolina rig drag it along the areas of the bottom where the grass is thinning out. This will allow you to effectively fish for active fish on top of the grass as well as the fish working below the grass areas near the bottom. If you have found some active fish they will hit one or the other of these baits, and remember as I just stated fish would now bunch up, so don’t let a bite go without repositioning your boat to fish the area of the bite thoroughly before leaving it. There is always bass to be caught even in the heat, you do however have to be diligent, work different patterns and repeat the patterns that produce fish.
Let me take you out a show some of the techniques, I have open dates the 13th, the morning of the 14th, the 15th, and 16th, I look forward to fishing with you.

Fish Lake Guntersville Guide Service
www.fishlakeguntersvilleguideservice.com
Email: bassguide@comcast.net
256 759 2270
Mike