Fishing Tip of the Week 7/05/2006

With this being a short week I feel I should give just some basic tips to catching fish in this extreme heat. My belief is that the upcoming week will be a little better than the past; we have had some rain coming in. The temperature is going to moderate some, and they will be pulling water because the TVA left the level so high because of the holiday. I believe there will be 3 different bites you can count on this week. The first being the top water bite early in the morning. The grass edges in about 5 feet of water where the grass is still under the surface should produce this week. Make sure you are near deep water; the bass will not be in areas that deep water isn’t near bye. I also feel very comfortable in telling you that the rat bite is here the grass is brown, mucky and very nasty looking on top. Fish the river channel with a rat, throw that rat up over that scum grass and work that rat through the grass. It’s a good time to use that braided line, a weighted rat and have the time of your life. The last tip I will give is the flipping pattern, this will remain good the rest of the summer, try different areas, thin grass, thick grass, deep edges, back of coves until you hit a pattern. You should be able to produce fish with this pattern.
I am looking to fill some open dates this week, I have the rest of the week available please call me and lets go fishing.
My summer time fishing lessons are going well I have given two lessons already and have 3 more days scheduled, if you have a technique you would like to learn please call for a 2 hour teaching block!

Fish Lake Guntersville Guide Service
www.fishlakeguntersvilleguideservice.com
256 759 2270
Email: bassguide@comcast.net
Mike