Fishing Tip of the Week, Lake Guntersville 7/30/06

There not going to be many changes this week, the lake has stabilized into some very typical summer time patterns. There will be active fish in the mornings and late in the day or longer if we have cloud cover, and the rest of the day we will struggle. However it does appear that the morning bite or late afternoon bite has been fun. Pop-R will continue to bring fish in the early and late part of the day, remember when fishing a Pop-r to change presentations as I have found over time that some days the bass will hit it on a quick movement and other days they will not touch it unless it is sitting still. The only thing that might change some is to tell you to get back into the coves and pockets, as it appears we are getting some bait fish movement to the middle parts of the coves and getting off that river channel or to the inside of the grass ledges into these areas will bring some bites.
The rat bite should continue to get better and better, I am already seeing the grass get icky, brown and foamy and the wind has made some pockets so all conditions keep get better and better for the rat bite to produce. I have written an article that should be posted on www.fishin.com that talks in length about “Rat Fishing” please take time to read it as I believe you will enjoy it and get some good tips.
Flipping will also continue to pay off, I have personally noticed that the flipping bite that the hits are stronger and more active. This will continue also to get better as the grass pulls away some, and opens holes from the wind along the edges. I am still flipping a tube, as I prefer it to a jig, dark colors seem the best for me.
I am open most of this up-coming week and would like to fish with you, with school getting ready to start its time to get back to our routines and for us that love bass fishing we can now get back on the water. Hope to get a chance to help you be a better fisherman!

Fish Lake Guntersville Guide Service
www.fishlakeguntersvilleguideservice.com
Email: bassguide@comcast.net
256 759 2270
Mike