Fishing Tip of the Week, Lake Guntersville

As I have discussed many times over the last couple of months the best thing we can look for this time of year is some bad weather. One of the best tips I can give you is fish on a rainy, cloudy, nasty day and you will have some fun.

I very much believe that the best of the fall fishing is yet to come. The second and final baitfish spawn has just recently occurred and the baitfish is just covering the coves. The weather seems to be in a cycle where we will have a bad weather day or two about every three days and the bass will respond positively and start the fall feeding frenzy before the real cold weather sets in.

The bite for the next couple of weeks should hit some traditional patterns and respond around small patches of grass with a top water bite, with a “rat”, “Ribbit” or “pop-r.” You should be able to throw a spinner bait to the edges of these small grass patches and catch fish. You should catch fish by doing some “dead sticking” with a senko, dead ringer, or magic stick. The small deep patches of grass in 10 feet of water should also be ideal for a deep worm or jig.

So you see I believe you just need to get on the water, find a nasty day and have some fun.

Thanks for reading I hope my tips help you.

Help us protect our resource on Lake Guntersville, keep all trash off the water, and work collectively to keep all big money developers from spraying the grass without the consent of the proper governing bodies on Lake Guntersville.

Come fish with me, I do have fall days available.

Fish Lake Guntersville Guide Service

www.fishlakeguntersvilleguideservice.com

Email: bassguide@comcast.net

256 759 2270

Mike
:P