Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Motorguide repair

Does anyone know of anyone in the Lexingon area where I can get my trolling motor repaired?
    Also has anyone ever use the Motorguide electric drive, not sure if this is what it is called, it is the model that does NOT use a push pull cable.
    Thanks,
    George

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Motorguide repair

Hey George, I think we are now an authorized Motorguide repair shop now. It sounds dumb that I of all people would not know. But I know we sent one of our techs to school, filled out all the paperwork and sent them some money and are in the process of becoming a authorized repair shop. I'm just not positive if Sam has finished the process and started repairing units yet. I'll talk to him in the morning to see if we are.

It was getting frustrating selling as many boats that we are and not being able to fix everything on the boat. Our goal in the next year is to be able to fix every aspect in house or replace it on the spot for warranty items. And even on non-warranty items, just to be able to fix small stuff. On these trolling motors and depth finders, a lot of times its a 5 minute fix.

Matt Plapp

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds great Matt. This just proves my point that I have said for several years now. Plapp's is on of the only dealers that really cares about its customers and anglers. You guys are willing to go that extra mile to meet everyones needs.

My trolling motor needs a little more than 5 minutes. Bent the shaft at the ABA nationals on the Red River.

Let me know and I will be up to see you.
    Thanks for everything and to you and all of your staff I want to wish you a Merry Christmas.

George Salov

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing the repairs now. Sam said bring it in, and we can take care of it.

Matt