Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Carpet Question....

I am modifying my '88 runabout to make it what some have called a fish-a-bout. I have removed the old rotten vinyl cushioning and seats from the frot (the were rotted all the way through) and in order to cover up the rust stains etc. I am wanting to carpet the whole thing. My questions are: 1) Do I need to rough up the surface of the fiberglass in order to get the adheisive to adhear to it (with sandpaper etc)? and 2) What type of glue do you guys reccomend? 3) Is this a good idea or should I take some other route?

Thanks
    Keep on chuckin'

onemorecast56 Guest

RE: Carpet Question....

Hey stonewall, you don`t have to rough up the surface. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and go to the flooring department and get outdoor glue which they have and ask a saleman to show you it. It works great but this time of year it takes some timne to setup. After it does it`ll never come loose. I recarpet boats for a living so I know how it works. On the sides of the boat if you want you can use a spray glue. Go to the paint department and get the 3M high strenth spray adheive they got. Runs around 13.00 a can but works great too. If ya got any questions on anything give me a call and I`ll try and answer them for ya.

Doug
    502-543-7787