Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bass hound 10.2 or Bass Tender 11.3

Drill two holes above the water line, one on each side and go buy 2 of the plugs you can screw in to tighten up. Lift up on one end until all of the water has drained out then put the plugs in and your good to go. Next time you have water inside it just pull the plug again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bird30 View Post
    I need some information regarding the above two boats. Does anyone on this board have them? Are they good boats, bad boats. If people have them what do they like and what do they dislike?

I like to fish and have thought about getting one of these for a while. I like to fish on small lakes and every once and a while a good size lake and was wondering if this would be a good boat to look at.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hey this is John G in Arkansas - I've had my Bass Tender for over 8 years now with a 15HP electric start Merc on it - This is the max HP it can handle but its more than you'll ever need. I had to cut the screw cap down some on my small fuel/gas tank for it to fit in the fuel tank holder.
    The dry well up front leaks tho, always has for some reason, go figure.
    I obtained some flat metal bars and had them welded into an X shape and rigged them under the battery and fuel tank hatch doors so when I step on them sometimes they don't get bowed or broken. The ease of me being able to handle the boat by myself in some curious situations, espically on the arkansas river, makes this boat a dream in handling. I've always been impressed with the small amout of draft the boat displaces when I fish small ponds and lakes. Your able to get right into those weed beds if you so desire. I don't think you can flip the boat unless you really really try. As any fisherman knows, yes I have fallen out of the darn thing before and being alone I, again was impressed that I was able to get into it by myself in big, deep lake water and it did even come close to flipping.
    If you deciede to get one you'll not regret it one bit and the resell value on this boat is amazing. I've had alot of 25HP bass boats try to catch up to me just so they could see the inside of my "Little Big Boat"

JOHN G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaswh3 View Post
    Does anyone know who sells these boats new around the Louisville, Ky. area ? You don't see any used ones for sale Thanks,Thomaswh3 .
    I have a bass tender 11/3 i bought in 2001 new with the 15 HP merc on it - still in great shape and the merc has very little running hours on it if you interested JOHN G

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bass tender 11/3 i bought in 2001 new with the 15 HP merc on it - still in great shape and the merc has very little running hours on it if you interested JOHN G

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Tender 10.2 for sale

This thread has some old posts, but if anyone is interested, I've got a BassTender 10.2 to sell this spring. I'm in Louisville, KY.

I bought it from a friend about 5 years ago because it is small enough to fit in a pickup bed and one person can launch it practically anywhere. I've used it at Taylorsville, McNeely and Guist Creek Lake. It's probably 10-12 years old. A friend wants to store his jonboat in my garage where I've got this BassTender, so I need to make room and I can use the jonboat anytime I want now, so I don't need the BassTender.

It has two padded swivel seats. I've had a trolling motor on it and a 5 HP Gamefisher. It's rated up to a 7 HP. It has a live well with aerator, but the only eletrics that work are the battery to trolling motor. (The aerator and lights are routed through a fuse panel and I haven't been able to find fuses). I've got nice oars with it, but I'll be keeping the gas and trolling motors. I've mounted an anchor lock. I've got it on a trailer since I got rid of my pickup a couple of years ago. I'm willing to consider splitting up the boat and trailer, but I'd like to sell them together. I plan on posting pics someplace like Craigslist when the weather gets better.

Thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey folks,

I came across this thread while helping family friends find a new home for their Bass Hound 10.2 setup, and hope one of you may be interested.

Here's an outline of what's included:

Basshound 10.2 boat and trailer
    Minn Kota Endura trolling motor 28-pound thrust
    2 batteries
    2 oars
    2 padded seats.

I've seen these neat little boats for sale for as much as $2,000, but would appreciate it if you all can pipe in on a fair price for the above.

I have the boat in northeast Georgia close to Athens.

Thanks,

Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 11 foot coleman crawdad ram-x boat. It's similar to a bass tender, a small jon or pram. The ramx material has a memory and I have had this boat on elkhorn creek in whitewater. bounces off rocks. When I had my pontoon this boat would ride under the pontoon on the trailer. I would turn my nephews loose with it. 35 lb troller would push it all day. Now you all can weep. I bought this boat at the old Hecks department store in Frankfort in 1985 for $100.00. its still just as good as the day I bought it (new seats though) talk about bang for your buck ( also made in the good old USA).

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Bass hound 10.2 or Bass Tender 11.3

Quote Originally Posted by bird30 View Post
    I need some information regarding the above two boats. Does anyone on this board have them? Are they good boats, bad boats. If people have them what do they like and what do they dislike?

I like to fish and have thought about getting one of these for a while. I like to fish on small lakes and every once and a while a good size lake and was wondering if this would be a good boat to look at.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Just sold my 10.2 today. Good little boat, easy to obtain parts and maintain. I live in a private subdivision with an 88 acre lake, Perfect.
    Would not take it over to the big lake (Lake Conroe). Maybe if you were on a canal or small cove. Hard to keep in a manageable position in windy conditions. Also, I can't sit and fish as long as I used to, Prefer to stand and fish, so I let it go to purchase something a little larger. Very glad I had it when I did, many good times with grandkids, just need more room.
    Perfect for individual or a couple with some experience.

Best Wishes and tight lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Leaking Bass Hound

Quote Originally Posted by bjpsych View Post
    Ok, now I'm going to show how little I know. My Bass Hound is taking on water in the bottom. Never had this before. Thought I must be getting weaker. No, it's heavier! Can't see how it is getting in or any way to get it out. Doesn't have those holes on the side like the bigger boats. Anybody know what I should do short of going to a marina where they want to charge me $100 just to look at it. thanks, BJ
    You can probably find the leak in your boat by putting water into the boat and check along the outer hull to see if you can see any water coming out. Be careful though and don't put too much water inside the boat and make sure it's adequately supported, if it's on a trailer that should be fine, but if it isn't, put it up on some saw horses or anything to get it up off the ground so you can check the entire hull for any leaks. If you do find the leak it can probably be repaired with fiberglass that is available at auto parts stores or Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

Basstender 10.2

First let me say that I love the boat and it’s concept. I have used a 10.2 for at least the past 15 years and it has been put through most anything you might expect from a hardcore fisherman. It has been used on small lakes and rivers quite extensively and performed as well as could be expected given the size, weight and type of boat that it is. One person alone will naturally cause whatever end of the boat they are sitting in to sink lower in the water. If you’re in front, the rear end is higher which complicates maneuverability, while sitting in the rear of course eliminates/complicates the use of a bow mounted trolling motor. (This is NOT a reason to not purchase the boat as the limitations are logical and do not prevent reasonably comfortable fishing). The material itself has held up extremely well with regard to scratches, gouges or holes. Naturally over this amount of time things have worn out and had to be repaired or replaced and I have no issues with any of those things. However, there are a few details you should be aware of.

The most critical is that if you store the battery in the compartment for extended periods of time, it will cause the hull to “distend” or “bow” out of shape. In my boat the battery compartment is on the side of the boat. Over time it has caused that side of the boat to “distend” and bend/bow outward. It causes the boat to be more difficult to control and be less stable overall. I have been in contact with the company to see if they have any suggestions on a remedy, but so far nothing has been suggested that will make any difference. I wouldn’t have thought that you couldn’t store the battery in the battery compartment... just didn’t occur to me that it would cause the boat to sag and distend, after all, it’s a battery compartment and there was no mention anywhere that this could occur.

Two other issues you should be aware of;
    1) the drain plug is not at the lowest point in the boat, thus you will never be able to fully drain the water that may get in from this spot. It’s about an inch or so above the floor, thus you’ll have to soak up any excess to fully eliminate water.
    2) there is no convenient way to expel water that may get in the “hull” area of the boat. There is a small rubber plug at the top of the exterior center of the front of the boat (about ½ inch in size) that will work, EXCEPT you have to stand the boat straight up on its bow for any water to drain out of the hull. Not easy and not convenient.

This is not an inexpensive boat. When I purchased the one I have it was $800, and has now ballooned to $1,700 to well over $2k which includes nothing but the boat. I would expect a battery compartment to hold a battery without causing the boat to become distended or sag as a result. I would at least expect them to warn the buyer against storing the battery in the “battery compartment”.