Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bass hound 10.2 or Bass Tender 11.3

I need some information regarding the above two boats. Does anyone on this board have them? Are they good boats, bad boats. If people have them what do they like and what do they dislike?

I like to fish and have thought about getting one of these for a while. I like to fish on small lakes and every once and a while a good size lake and was wondering if this would be a good boat to look at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Bass hound 10.2 or Bass Tender 11.3

bump

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 10.2 Bass Tender
    GREAT BOAT
    Very stable in the water
    you can put up to I a 7hp on it
    I just have a 50 thrust Minkota
    Highly recomended

Thomaswh3 Guest

Does anyone know who sells these boats new around the Louisville, Ky. area ? You don't see any used ones for sale Thanks,Thomaswh3 .

Post Thanks / Like

They used to sell the Bass hound 10.2 at Sams Club, but I haven't seen it there in quite a while. I do know that they sell that one and the Bass Tender 11.3 at Cherry Valley Spas and Recreation on River Road. They don't have them in stock and you have to order it from there and they will get it shipped in and you pick it up. When I called them about 2 months ago, they price for the Bass Tender 11.3 was 2395.00 and the Bass hound 10.2 was 2195.00.

Other than that, I don't know where you can get them and I don't ever see them in the paper. If you find another place, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

That sure sounds high to me. I bought the 11.3 Bass Tender for 1350 a couple of years ago in Florida. Best boat there is for 200 acre lakes or smaller

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't work for the company but I should be a commercial. I bought the 11.3 Bass Tender. The best boat on the water if you ask me. Comfortable, productive, spacious, the live well will hold plenty of bait or fish. You need a trailer because it's too heavy to lug down a hill. The greatest fishing boat I've ever had. I also have a 15hp and it will flat move you across the water pretty good. If you're fishing in small waters even if all you have is a trolling motor it's a great boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Bass hound 10.2 or Bass Tender 11.3

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I just couldn't resist.

I have a Bass Hound 10.2 that I bought from Sam's Club in 2002. It was under $800 (slightly!) and fit into the back of my GMC Jimmy (the old full-size K-5 body style) with the tailgate down.

I have loved this boat. My only complaint is that I have big feet and there's not a lot of room to move them around in the boat. The more open design of the Bass Tender would probably have suited me more, but I never saw them for such a good deal at Sam's or anywhere else.

Unfortunately I moved away from the pond I kept it on and it sat on the bank, in the weather for 3 years.

Now that my eldest daughter has come of fishing age, I recently decided to resurrect it. I brought it home, and I had to drain water from the head of the Minn Kota trolling motor that came with the boat and dry out the electronics but it actually works! (Minn Kota endorsement money can be sent care of "HammerDoc" to . . . )

I scrubbed the hull and deck with a scrub-brush and "Simple Green" and it looks practically new! Even the pre-wired lights and livewell aerator still work! This is a tough little boat!

The only thing I need now is a new hull cover (didn't stand up to rats nesting in it for 3 years very well--perhaps an unfair test for the hull cover!) and a new lens for the green light on the starboard bow, which cracked somewhere along the line. I'm sure the parts for the light are available somewhere on the net, but I haven't found any yet. If anyone knows of a source, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I'd buy this boat again in a heartbeat. When more of my kids get old enough to fish and I need a bigger boat, I'll miss this little gem.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bass hound 10.2 or Bass Tender 11.3

If your looking for parts for the Bass hound or Bass Tender go here............www.smallwatercraft.com/parts/partdtl/4/bt106.html

Post Thanks / Like

I too have a Bass Hound 10.2 bought at Sam's several years ago, and I still love it. I'm a girl, and it's a boat I can manage myself. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I have one of the older ones with a console. Bought a little low end fish finder. Just wish the summers in Michigan weren't so short.

Special thanks to "iprofye" for where to get parts. I just ordered a new plug for my live well.http://www.fishin.com/forums2/images/icons/icon7.gif

bjpsych

Post Thanks / Like

Its good to hear there are girls fishing, you don't see that everyday. Even better that they have their own boat. That is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, now I'm going to show how little I know. My Bass Hound is taking on water in the bottom. Never had this before. Thought I must be getting weaker. No, it's heavier! Can't see how it is getting in or any way to get it out. Doesn't have those holes on the side like the bigger boats. Anybody know what I should do short of going to a marina where they want to charge me $100 just to look at it. thanks, BJ