Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delhi boats

Post Thanks / Like

Delhi boats

Quote Originally Posted by 123kee View Post
    Hey
    Does anyone out there know anything about a Delhi jon boat. I can find know info on them. I would thankful for any help.
    David
    Just some historical research folks I know the post is old
    I have a Delhi Woodstream (14 ft) aluminum riveted, flat bottom boat, Model number 1634-14, Manufactured Aug of 1982 What can be read of the plate indicates 3 persons with a combined weight of 350 lbs is the max passenger weight.

A Delhi Rep made some remarks on this web site I will find the link and post that here.
    Delhi made a boat line called Terry boats, they also made boats for other manufacturers according to the rep. They were supposed to have made boats for Sears, Montgomery Ward and Bass Tracker. Delhi went out of business (according to the Rep) in the early 1980s and now it appears the Aluminum boat manufacturing operation in Delphi LA. was purchased by Starcraft as one of the stern labels I saw for a 12 foot version of this Jon boat indicated Manufacturer Starcraft Marine Delhi LA 71232.

When researching I found the following:
    1- I discovered the HIN Suffex for Delhi (DEM) now belong to Starcraft (according to the government HIN trace).
    2- Starcraft still makes a 14 foot Jon boat called the 1436 which looks identical to the Dehi Wood Stream 1634-14
    3- Bass Tracker also makes and identical boat to the Delhi Wood Stream The Bass Tracker is called the Tracker Topper 1436 and its a riveted aluminum Jon Boat, this boat may be made for Bass Tracker by Starcraft.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Delhi 12ft.jpg 
Views:	14915 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	6083

There you go folks if I discover more I will let you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zontruper View Post
    I also bought a small fishing boat (14 foot aluminum) made by Delhi in LA. Unfortunately, there is no tag. I cannot find an ID number anywhere on this boat. As a result, the state of Co. is making it hard to register and use on state lakes. Anyone have an idea of where the vehicle identification number is for this boat? The serial nimber is on a small metal plate but no vin. #. The serial number is 3009. I would appreciate any help to locate the vin. #.
    Thanks
    Bryan

For History sake:
    Delhi is now owned by Starcraft Marine
    The HIN is on the Starboard side, "water side" of the Stern, pop riveted just below the gunwale. Metal plate with the HIN stamped into the plate

The first three letters would be DEM (Delhi manufacturing code) then T followed b numbers (Sequence of build) then M followed by a year indicator (two digits) and then a month indicator.

Post Thanks / Like

Real?

Is this for real?

11,000 views.

Granted it was first posted in 2006. But that 's a lot of views for a thread of this nature.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this thread is old but hopefully I can find some help here. This is the closest post to help I've found on any site.

I have a 12 ft 1974 Jon boat flat bottom .. would anyone here happen to have the USCG tag for this boat/ model. I've talked with Starcraft marine and they can not help me because their records only go back to 1983.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbaitpro View Post
    I know this thread is old but hopefully I can find some help here. This is the closest post to help I've found on any site.

I have a 12 ft 1974 Jon boat flat bottom .. would anyone here happen to have the USCG tag for this boat/ model. I've talked with Starcraft marine and they can not help me because their records only go back to 1983.

What for?

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a 12 ft aluminum Delhi (built 1972) with a trailer last spring for about $450. I am considering selling it to get a bigger boat. I know I got a good deal on it and the trailer alone is probably worth about $300. What would a fair asking price be for one in good shape?

Post Thanks / Like

Delhi boat

I have a 1972 model fiberglass, 12’ Delhi boat with trailer. It has a 1974 12.9 horsepower Mercury engine with a pull start.Does anyone have information as to the boat and/or engine’s current value?All are in good, used condition.I have posted a few pictures here. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7FA915FF-DB55-45B2-BA75-B6CF410D2D31.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	20028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F529899B-6998-4FAE-A314-BFBCBFE9FB57.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	20029   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82972FB0-2FFC-4447-8CB2-A858A7A0F9E6.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	20030