Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delhi boats

Post Thanks / Like

Delhi boats

Hey
    Does anyone out there know anything about a Delhi jon boat. I can find know info on them. I would thankful for any help.
    David

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Delhi boats

I own a Delhi jon boat. The manufacturer is Delhi MFG. CORP. thats in Delhi, Louisiana. I dont think they are in business anymore. I will check it out for sure. Holla if i can be of any help... CajunTG@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey
    Thanks for your reply. You are the first person that knows anything about these boats. My boat has no lable on it and I did not know what it was until I saw one on Ebay that looked like mine. It was listed as a DELHI. I sent him an email but he did not reply. Does yours have a decal or lable on it. How did you know it was a DELHI.
    I thank you again and info would be great.
    David Kee

Post Thanks / Like

Hey David, Yeah my Delhi has a coast guard tag still on it, mines is an 1980 model 14 ft 36" bottom rated for 20 hp max. Was glad to help...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey David,
    I have a Delhi 14' Jon Boat that I would be happy to send you photos of and photos of the stickers & Coast Guard label if you like. Let me know. DonaldCamp@msn.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Delhi boats

i don't know much about them but i've owned one for over 15 years. i have a 1973 12ft vhull and its been great i recently restored it.and it brings alot of attention at the boat ramp everytime i take it out!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delhi boats

I also have a 12 Delhi boat, I do not have any of the manufactures tags on the boat they were removed, anyone that may have a picture of the tag for a 12 footer please send me a copy to: jimgroth@att.net Thanks so much Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3k63m53pf5T95P25Rba351e487deade48137a.jpg 
Views:	5452 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	1511  

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Delhi 12' boat and I need capacity information. Please help if you can.
    Last edited by bwest858; 05-25-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Betsy, I have not gotten the tag info. However I was told by the MS. dept. of game and fish that it has a capacity of 3 people and a total weight of 550 lbs. Now keep in mind that my 12 footer is a fiberglass model. Hope this helps, Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim
    Mine is also fiberglass and that capacity sounds right to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently purchased my first Delhi-Terry 14" fiberglass bass boat/speed boat. Some guy listed it on craigs list as just a boat, no details or name of maker....nothing. He only wanted $800 for the whole set up. Boat, 85hp Mercury outboard, trolling motor and trailer. After driving 2 hours to look at it, it was sold ON THE SPOT! I didnt even have him start it. The guy never even knew what he had. I have owned maybe 20 boats in in my 32 years. This by far is the coolest boat I ever drove/owned. Its is a tiny little bass boat with a huge outboard 850 engine. I spent 2 days rewiring the engine and replacing the water pump impeller, soleniod and cleaning out the engine. After several failed attempts I decided to feed it a little ether. Fired right up! I slowly increased speed to full throttle, ran for maybe a minute then shut down. The only problem I had to fix on the boat was a couple dime sized leaks on the bottom(caused by failure to shift rollers every season). Boats need turned/moved, just like mattresses. $20 later and a trip to wally-world and that was taken care of. Fixing fiberglass boats is SUPER EASY! A lot of people are scared to try it. They would rather junk it! 15 of the boats I have owned were rescued from junk yards! I never paid over $200 for a boat,motor and trailer! Just an idea for anyone looking for a project!
    Anyway, I got to take the boat on the kanawa river yesterday for the first time...... My wife and 8 year old daughter went along for the ride. What a rush, is all I can say! I eased her out of the gate past a couple fishing boats then hit the full trottle. 5-60 in about 20 seconds. Once I got her on the Plane, it was like riding on glass, smooth as can be. It turned out that this boat was a competition speed boat from the 70's. It is equipped with 2 live wells that circulates fresh water constantly. It has 3 bildge pumps and tons of storage space!
    I am sorry this is so long, I never sign up to post replies. I thought I would make this one count!
    I will keep looking for other info and post it here when I find it.
    I found 2 stickers on the undersides of my storage compartments. One was titled, Delhi-Terry Advises: storage info, ect. then Delhi Manufacturing Corporation Dehli, Louisiana.
    It is a shame these boats dont get more attention! I have got a long line of people wanting to buy my boat. For a 1976, it looks like a 2009 model. Today I started my search online. This site is the first thing I found. Hopefully I can find some other photos and info on line. If anyone needs any help fixing their boat or mercury motor, shoot me a line.

Post Thanks / Like

14 foot Delhi boat

I also bought a small fishing boat (14 foot aluminum) made by Delhi in LA. Unfortunately, there is no tag. I cannot find an ID number anywhere on this boat. As a result, the state of Co. is making it hard to register and use on state lakes. Anyone have an idea of where the vehicle identification number is for this boat? The serial nimber is on a small metal plate but no vin. #. The serial number is 3009. I would appreciate any help to locate the vin. #.
    Thanks
    Bryan