Search Fishin.com

Thread: eBay boats

Post Thanks / Like

eBay boats

Any of you guys ever got a good deal on a boat off of eBay?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: eBay boats

talk to em on the phone,don't do buy it now,pay when you pick it up,if it sounds too good to be true it probably is,watch the i'm in one part of the country boat is in another pay me now just go pick it up.a friend of mine lost his asssss on a vehicle,do not give any personal info.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a friend that won the bid on a 2000 skeeter two years ago.he probably would have paid two thousand dollars more for this boat if he would have purchased from a dealer.he uses this boat a lot in tournaments.so far no problems.the only thing was he had to travel about eight hours to pick this boat up.

Post Thanks / Like

Do NOT use any automated payment tools, if the guy suggests click this link for info, run away. I have a friend who scammed out of over 2k when he clicked a link for more info and his browser got hijacked to a bogus but legit looking escrow dot com.

Get a phone number and talk to the proposed seller in person. There are about as many scammers on ebay these days as legit people. Be very VERY careful! I personally would never consider buying a boat I couldn't see first no matter how good the deal seemed.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my stratos through ebay. I guess I should say I found it on ebay. Emailed the guy with serveral questions. It didnt bring the reserve and I ended up calling him and talking about the boat for a long time. Drove 2.5hrs to look and drive it. Wrote a check, transfered the title and drove away. A decent deal at the time and no problems. I would not pay over the ebay system without seeing and driving the boat. Not that everyone is a cheat, but there are a lot of them out there. A good deal is a good deal no mater where you find it if its real. There are lots of boats for sale on discussion boards as well.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I sold a boat on Ebay. It was a flawless transaction. The guy was from Missouri. I met him at Ky lake with the boat. We took the boat out for a spin, he paid me in cash and took it home with him. I got the price I wanted, and he was happy with the boat.

I did require a $200 non refundable deposit for the winner.

The best thing is make sure they have a good contact information. Ask for a phone number. Plus check their feedback.

It's like any other thing, there's mostly good, but a few bad people out there.