Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

NorrisCraft Boats?

Anybody have any ideas on where to locate the boats besides going to Tennessee? I have herd some really GREAT things about these boats. The only bad thing i have herd is they have the same old design that they have had for years Why doesn't someone look at carrying these boats. The process they go through to build a boat is unreal. It has to be one of the top 5 best building boats out there. They have been in bussiness for over 50 years. Thanks for any help

Post Thanks / Like

RE: NorrisCraft Boats?

There was a guy in Lexington who is a dealer. He sells out of his house.

Post Thanks / Like

Why buy a Norris Craft when you could have a Bullet at same price, and you can have a dealer with a service crew to take care of any issues that always come up.

Post Thanks / Like

Check the internet or call mac crumley at norriscraft I looked for a long time to find mine used they do not build many but they do build em right I like haveing the only one in St. Louis. they are custom built to ordwer NEW the serial @ on mine was the first owners date of birth

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NorrisCraft Boats?

The reason you cant find a Norris Craft dealer anywhere is because Mac Crumley, the owner of Norris Craft is a ********. He set up several dealers to sell his boats in the 70s and 80s. Then he would turn around and sell his boats out of his back door to customers at a lower price than the dealers could sell them for. Basically he was selling the boats to the dealers for the same price you could go right down to the factory and get yourself. So all his dealers told him to stick it where the sun dont shine and quit selling his boats. At that time Norris Craft was one of the best boats on the market. He has made almost no real changes to the boats since the late 80s early 90s. The boats are now a thing of the past. They are still a good looking boat, but they arent designed well and just arent up to par with the Rangers and Skeeters out there. The last time I was in Norris Crafts shop they were building fiberglass picnic tables. Mac Ray Crumley is now a Cad Machine operator. Im guessing that when Mac Crumley dies Norris Craft will finally close its doors. My dad and I have had several of their boats, but I couldnt use one of them now. They wont handle the rough water of KY Lake where I fish mostly now. Its a scary rough ride in a Norris Craft in big waves.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NorrisCraft Boats?

You can still get a Norris Craft from the Factory. They make a good quality boat. They have a website with contact information. They have a loyal following from people that know and appreciate quality. Last time I was there (2 months ago) they had a demo boat that rivaled any boat I have ever seen. I woud encourage you to ride in a newer one yourself and judge from that.

Post Thanks / Like

Vintage Norris Craft boat

I bought a piece of land a few years ago and found that there was a boat on it hidden in the brush. It is a Norris Craft. Not sure of the year...maybe 50’s-60’s. No motor. Cracked windshield.
    Any advice on how to identify it and determine the value? It’s on a tubular frame trailer. The wheels are buried halfway. Beautiful color...white with aqua.

Any advice would be appreciated!