Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

topic.....of concern Fish offs ( classics )

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-06 AT 12:04PM (EST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-06 AT 11:48*AM (EST)[/font]

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-06 AT 11:46*AM (EST)[/font]

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-06 AT 04:18*PM (EST)[/font]

From another site....anyone else heard of this?

American Bass Anglers 2006 Classic and the Midwest Sportsman 2006 Classic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kentucky lake will be holding both Nationals on the same days in Oct.

http://www.midwest-sportsman.com/2006ClassicFormat.html

http://www.americanbassanglers.com/pressrelease001.php

Last year ABA had 400 boats in their classic.
    Last year Midwest had 400 boats in their classic.

800 boats at the same place on the same days

This should be interesting

Post Thanks / Like

RE: topic.....of concern Fish offs ( classics )

Just think if you are a weekend angler who doesn't pay attention to tourney schedules and just show up to the lake to do a little crappie fishing. You would never go back! That will be too many boats in one place!!

Go Redhawks!

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-06 AT 09:13PM (EST)[/font][p]I do not think that the tourist commity would give 2 permits out for these size tournaments to go on during the same time . I do know that our national headquarters has had our permits for some time now .

Post Thanks / Like

There was an issue as to whether ABA had permits for their national classic....since Midwest Sportsman was having their classic at the same time, same days, same place....I would tend to wonder if Midwest has theirs???

look at this quote...should answer your questions

“We are very excited to have American Bass Anglers coming to Marshall County and Kentucky Lake for this championship. The anglers and their families will really enjoy staying very close to the lake, launch and weigh-in site for this tournament. The State of Kentucky is working closely with Marshall County Tourist Commission to not only bring this event to Kentucky Lake, but also provide American Bass Anglers the registration and banquet facility at the Kenlake State Resort. October is a great time for fishing on Kentucky Lake and we look forward to having American Bass Anglers for their championship,” stated Randy Newcomb, President of the Marshall County Tourism Commission.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a buddy call me about this and wondered how it was gonna work out...IT WONT!....According to the ABA website, the Marshall County Tourist Commision is committed to ABA for Oct 1-6 2006. I know they were instrumental in bringing Midwest Sportsman to the area the past 2 years, especially in 2005, how can they take care of 800 teams! I would almost bet that Midwest "assumed" they would have priority on dates since they have had their Classic there the past 2 years. It looks like they may have screwed the pooch again!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Mike , Ill be in touch with you soon .

Post Thanks / Like

skeeter

Rumors flying around again......
    Midwest Sportsman is now looking for somewhere else to hold their National Classic? Since ABA is going to be at Kentucky Lake the same week that MWS planned on having their classic. Anyone else heard this?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: skeeter

Yes your right . You like to keep rumors about Midwest Sportsman going around and like to stay on top of a circuit that you are no longer part of . If there is a change made , Im sure you will be the first to let us know . I wish you the best in your future endevors , but please do not keep trying to keep this pot stirring .

Post Thanks / Like

RE: skeeter

I,m hearing there going to move it to paducah/ohioriver or guntersville.