Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Midwest Sportsman East Fork

I just recently read a post about the wonderful dead sea. I thought it would be interesting to see what other kind of response this tournament may bring. I am new to directing the Midwest Tournament on East Fork this year. I would like to invite everyone to come out and sunbathe (fish).... on our dead sea. There are plenty of fish in this lake.... you just have to know how to catch them.

www.freewebs.com/eastforklake

Mike Timmer
    shysterorange@hotmail.com

I was fishing a Tuesday nighter there last year and a trolling motor repairman who fishes this lake regularly had a good stringer. One guy says to him," Where did those fish come from" implying the fish did not come from this lake. The repairman looked him square in the eyes and said. " If you knew how to fish, you could catch fish too." This repairman I am referring to practically lives on the lake and fishes there several times a week. He has even been on Cable shows on this lake. The lake has plenty of fish.

Good Luck fishing.
    Hope to see you at East Fork.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Midwest Sportsman East Fork

No circuit could EVER make anyone who is familiar with Ohio waters believe “good” fish can be caught at East Fork Lake.

Do you think it is by pure coincidence Ohio Federation Events stay away from that lake?

I don’t even know any Federation clubs, other than one who even would consider a tournament at East Fork.

Do you honestly believe that a “weekend angler” is going to be able to show up and fish against the “trolling motor guy” who LIVES on the lake as you put it, and compete?

Ohhh and spend that kind of money to do it. NOPE!

I wish you the best of luck.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, the trolling motor repairman that I am referring to is not even aware of this circuit, as of yet. He fishes the Tuesday night circuit on the lake. Which by the way is a 3 hour tourny that always draws between 40 and 45 teams every Tuesday night. I can attest to that because I fish those tournys. Now that the serious competitor is out of the way. Lets discuss what it is that makes people not willing to put up the memebership fee. I have fished tournys for quite some time. I know there is more involved than just the membership fee. If you were to fish a tourny on the river... you would probably burn up an additional 30 bucks per event in just gas and oil....versus say fishing East Fork. In 2 events....your membership could have been paid by the cost savings of your outboard alone. Next... I dont feel that winning a tournament requires a huge stringer....nor do the fish have to be big. The competitor just has to be better (or on fish) than the rest of the field. So If you have to catch fish every time you go out.....you might want to call it something other than fishing. Like......"I am going to have the fish surrender to me".... Fishing would get old if I caught huge quantities of fish every time I went. The excitement of setting the hook would be lost. So, If you are looking for huge fish and lots of them...perhaps another area of the country would help.I havent seen any lake or river in Ohio that is that fantastic. Erie, maybe???? The classic held on Kentucky Lake offers what you are looking for.That is why it is a top 10 lake in the country for bass. Perhaps one of the other divisions of Midwest would better suit your needs. East Fork Lake is pressured, the fish are there and they are caught. Someone, will proceed to the classic from this division. The odds are the same for everyone....even the repairman. He just lives closer...Why take any of his angling skills away. He and his partner are good fisherman. I know of a particular angler who dominates the Ohio River. He and his partner prefish and have made a living off of river tournaments. Nobody has quit fishing these tournaments because this angler has an advantage of prefishing more than themselves. I am just trying to make a point. In this sport....60 dollars is nothing. With the cost of equipment, boats, gas, oil.... it is nothing.. pocket change. It is just the way you look at it. $10.00 a week for the next 6 weeks. Have I mentioned all of things you get in return from Midwest...and if you make it to the classic....the things you get. Your $60.00 dollars is returned in the free food they give you alone at the classic!

It is just how you look at things... this is an expensive sport, even for amateurs.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

how do i get information regarding this tourney?

Post Thanks / Like

Any info you might need

www.freewebs.com/eastforklake

email me at:

shysterorange@hotmail.com

Mike Timmer
    Director East Fork Lake Division

Post Thanks / Like

What happened?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you asking why the tournament was cancelled? If so it was because of no interest. Oldtimer...if you would like to see some bass, come over on a Tuesday Night when there are 45 teams fishing a 3 hour tourny. You will probably see more bass than are checked in on the river. If you knew how to fish the lake you could catch fish too! Starts April 26th.

Post Thanks / Like

we have a federation tournament there the 23rd and from what i have been told its a good spot if you can find the bass. But if it was easy everyone would be doing it. I guess I will find out next week

Post Thanks / Like

Well

You keep talking about Tue nights are East Fork like it is something to see, and now that I have reviewed all the post on the subject you keep making my point.

The Tue night tournaments are guys who live on that lake. The AVERAGE guy to join a circuit and compete on a lake does not want to fish a lake where the reputation is of poor fishing.

Try to comprehend this; of experienced tournament fisherman East Fork is a dead sea.

Ohhh by the way Midwest Sportsman ran a Tanners Creek Tournament this sat 4/16 of 43 teams 33 of them caught fish.....

Did any of the Tue night guy’s fish? Did they catch fish? I saw most of them leave the Early Bird at Rocky Fork a day early.

Wrong Fork lake to live on I guess.

Oldtimer

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to point out that the Trolling Motor Repair guy is a good guy. I live roughly 2 hrs awaay and he was very open and friendly on discussing the fishing at East Fork.

I have a friend who fishes it once a month and he usually catches at least one keeper. I have heard that its a tough lake to fish but what lake isn't if you don't do you homework and pre fish. I've only fished it twice and caught only short ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Oldtimer..........why dont you quit flappin them jaws and just come on out. While you are out there on a Tuesday night, ask the guys fishing the tourny, where they are from? You will find that most of them fish the river and only a handful of them live within 5 miles of the lake. Guys are coming from Hillsboro. I live 15 miles a way. I only fish the lake typically 1-2 times a week. By the way... We fished the Tanners Midwest tourny. After changing from East Fork to White Oak which was cancelled we had no choice but to fish Tanners on a spur of the moment. We were skunked. I am fine with that. Like I said if you caught fish every time you were out, it would get old. Do you really think that all 45 teams fishing the Tuesday Night tournaments live near the lake? You need to get fresh with your thoughts dawg. I sure dont know how to teach and old dog new tricks..

Post Thanks / Like

Well I dont normally get involved in subjects like this but,Like Skeeter replied earlier..If it was easy everyone would be doing it!!Or club is a federated club and after all the bull about the DEAD SEA I finnaly convinced them to try it more out of being bored with all the regular places and we have been going back for 3 years now.We even used it as a backup lake when the river was blown out last year.We have brought in quite a few limits (5 Fish)and a few 3+ fish.I'll grant you, you probably wont see 20# sacks of 9lbers,but I do know for a fact that there is a lot of keeper size fish in the lake.it doesnt take a 10 llber or 20# bags to make the championship and fish for "2" brand new boats.Just enough to be the best at that time...Oh,by the way, while youre thinking"He fishes Midwest and dont know what hes talking about,just tooting their horn" I DONT EVEN FISH THEM but I've been fishing tourns. for 25 years and the good Lord gave me enough sense to tell B/S from Applebutter...See Y'all on East Fork.By the way I probably only fish the lake 4-5 times a year and 2 are for Crappie.Wish I lived closer or it had a lot of Smallies in it.