Search Fishin.com

Thread: Grand Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Lake

Anybody know how the catfish have been biting at Grand Lake lately? Headed over there next week from Tuesday-Thursday, trying to beat all the pleasure boaters by getting out in the week. Well any information would be helpful, and does anybody know any good websites about fishing this lake, I can never find any good ones off of the search engines. Thanks again.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Grand Lake

Just got back from my trip to St.Mary's and what a great few days we had over there. I took 2 of my best fishin buddies with me over there and we must have got about 70 catfish total and 4 bonus perch that were all around 9"-11" which will taste very good fried up tongiht along with a few of the cats. Most of the cats we got fishing off of the docks at my family's house, but at night we took my buddy's john boat out and boy was that fun even though it was really windy out there both nights. We were going for the quality fish and not the quantity at night and I got the biggest cat I've ever gotten out of that lake, on the digital scale we had it weighed 17lbs 9oz. Nice big, healthy flathead caught on a live shad we had got earlier that day. We caught a few other nice channels and flatheads on the shad at night. Also, has anybody ever caught channels out of that lake that have purple mouths, which are also very large for channel cats? Caught several of them, I thought it to be strange. To anybody who fishes for bass, I saw about a 4lb lgmb caught over there by some guys in a boat fishing for catfish, they had a live shad out under a bobber. The most productive baits were live shad,nightcrawlers,shrimp, and livers for the catfish and all perch were caught on nightcrawlers. Well good luck to everbody and tight lines.

Rick