Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Rush Run Lake in OH

Has anyone ever had any luck fishing Rush Run Lake near Oxford? I fished there a couple times with almost no success am I wasting my time there.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Rush Run Lake in OH

i have fished there many times before, most of my success comes in the spring but you can still catch a bunch of fish in the 12 to 14 in. range all year. I've been able to catch alot of bass during the middle of the day on a spook jr. back in the backs of the coves, the fish just seem to stay there even in the heat. Also any thing green pumpkin seems to catch fish too. try the ****, it always seems to have about 3 fish on it. i've also done a quite well in the first small cove on the left from the ramp, fish the trees in the mouth of it. In the spring, throw nothing but a pearl fluke, and catch 25 to 30 in 4 hrs. Good fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for the info, I guess I won't right it off my list just yet. Its so close to my house I hate to pass it up to go to Ind. I'll keep trying thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish there by boat a whole lot in the 90's. I have not been there in the last 5 years, but back then it was full of small bass with a few hogs thrown in. Normally I would catch one good sized largemouth for about every 100 12 inch bass I caught from the lake. The only time to fish this lake is at night in my opinion, at least in the summer. After dark, concentrate on the standing timber in the middle of the coves, not the banks, and look for the bigger bass to be suspended in these treetops. A colorado blade spinnerbait will catch your better fish. If you just want to catch fish, throw a worm up on the bank and you can have a blast with the small fish all night long. Fishing at night there can be great, and you may have the lake all to yourself, especially since most fisherman mistakenly believe the lake/park closes at 10:00 pm. The local CO told me as long as a person is fishing they can stay there all night, they just have the signs posted to keep riff raff from hanging out and causing trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much for responding. I'll give this lake another shot.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to Rush Run this evening wish me luck I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! Tell us how you did!

Go Redhawks!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I kind of got the Rush Run Fever now. I went Thurs night from 6-12, we caught 14 fish most of them 10-14inches. Friday night caught 12 one over 2 pounds. Sunday morning 4-11 caught 13. We caught, one on a spinnerbait, one on a jig, all the rest came on worms and baby brush hogs either Texas or Carolina rigs. Thanks for all the fishing information. I even have a few honey holes there now. To sum it up My buddy I had a great time there.

Post Thanks / Like

Went there on Saturday I caught 9 small ones all on red shad color power worm and carolina rig green pumkin baby brush hog. My buddy caught his usual two one on a spinnerbait in the trees second cove off to the left and one on a worm staight across from the dam cove. Anyone else been there lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rush Run Lake in OH

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman4ever View Post
    Went there on Saturday I caught 9 small ones all on red shad color power worm and carolina rig green pumkin baby brush hog. My buddy caught his usual two one on a spinnerbait in the trees second cove off to the left and one on a worm staight across from the dam cove. Anyone else been there lately?
    We went to Rush Run yesterday and the place is overrun with snakes. I won't be going back anytime soon. We saw several very large Cottonmouths.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rush Run Lake in OH

Fished several times, only small fish everytime. Spring and late spring lipless cranks, 4" sickworms, and post spawn caught them on spook across the dam and down the right finger on rt side. As a kid fished it with dad when it was full of weed wish it still had it! Pressure is over whelming for such a tiny lake.LOL