Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Deer Hunting In Ohio

Hi, I am from PA but I am planning a bow hunting trip to Ohio in November. Can anyone share a public land spot for trophy deer. My nephew and I both would like to try to get a trophy big enough for the wall and meat for the freezer. We have never shot any big bucks...big enough to mount.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Deer Hunting In Ohio

Just about anywhere! Seriuosly as far as Public Land..I'm not sure. I think Caeser's creek has some areas as well as CJ Brown Resivoir in Springfield. I do know for a fact that you will be absolutely amazed at the size and volume of deer including some bucks that are record breakers. Wouldn't surprise me if the record will be broken again this year.
    Here where I live around Fairborn....they're everywhere:)
    Good Luck...
    TEE

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Deer Hunting In Ohio

Steve-O,

Try the attached link.............southeast as a whole Ohio has the most deer. It also has most of the public area. But any area in Ohio has the potential to produce trophies. If you are coming in November some AREAS TO AVOID because of too many bowhunters, Zaleski, Paint Creek, Pike Lake. Some better ones to look at Burr Oak, or a new area (4000 acres not sure of the name) has been purchased within the past month around Ironton. Powellson, Sunday Creek Coal Lands,Wayne National forest, Blue Rock, Tri- Valley,. I believe you may find these ares more hunter friendly with less hunter numbers. Ohio is literally being overrun during the first two weeks of Novemeber by non-residents.....but with good reason, lot's of big deer. Good luck

http://ohiodnr.com/wildlife/Hunting/...as/wildare.htm

Good luck

Rich