Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hybrids/Striper Patterns on Ohio River

I fish the Ohio river and the great miami river, and was wundering if anyone had any tips for catching hybrids or striper during the winter months.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Hybrids/Striper Patterns on Ohio River

I don't know much about stripers and w/b on the Ohio even though I bass fish a lot there but...what I've heard thru the grapevine is, White Grubs on 1/4 oz. heads,silver buddys 1/2 oz., Find the hot water discharges and fish below them when the water temps is like it is.
    I do know that a lot of w/b are caught under and around the bridge that crosses over Great Miami??? on Rt.50 between cleves and L/burg.This is mostly in the spring,don't know if it holds up now.This is bank fishing that I heard of.
    Seen that no one wanted to answer you.This board is good for that....unless you want to buy something.Hell when I come here I feel like I'm on Ebay.
    Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Hybrids/Striper Patterns on Ohio River

I catch them in the Ohio river year round. You do have to move to find them. This time of the year you can find them below Meldah dam on the Ohio side along the riff raff rocks. Start around the 800 yard marker on the bank and control your drift with the trolling motor, the less motor the better, they spook so easy. When the river is up higher the Kentucky bank on the sand bar is best. I like big baits. If your not too proud the live shad drop shot rigged about 3 feet off the bottom kills them too.

The other spots is the Power plants, Beckjord and Zimmer aren't as good as the Stewart Plant up past Aberdeen on SR 52. Hot water brings in all kinds of fish. If you see the bait fish and the gulls you'll kill'em.
    I just started posting here or I would have answered sooner.
    Good luck,
    Fish_myster
    Proud father of an American soldier.