Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

help on clarks hill/thurmond

i am planning a trip to Hickory Knob state park would like any help on fishing the lake, have never been there any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: help on clarks hill/thurmond

Same here... I'm visiting family on the SC side of Clarks Hill over Memorial day weekend. I'm planning on bringing the boat down to do some Bassin, but have no idea what patterns/creeks/colors/etc. work there. Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to take ya out for a morning of fishing (I'll buy the gas).

I'm only there 3-4 times a year, so any honey-holes would not get fished out by me.

If anyone doesn't want to share with the entire board, feel free to e-mail me at clintcone@hotmail.com...

and the offer stands for Sat., Sun., and Mon. mornings memorial day weekend.

Thanks for any assistance!
    CC

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend Palmetto Guide Service. I realize a guide may not be what you want... however guides do a LOT of homework for you and they could be considered the Study Aid of choice for Fishermen when you only fish a lake a few times a year.
    Hire a guide. It will save you time and make your time more productive.
    I highly recommend
    Palmetto Guide Service run by Norm Attaway. Norm fishes the BASS trail and is an excellent guide on this particular lake. Try him at www.normattaway.com
    Rates are fair and honest and you will really enjoy your time more if you know where and what to fish with.
    Jim Dicken
    Fishin.com Editor

Post Thanks / Like

Early morning fish long extending points on the main lake. Use top water lures until about 0730 Zara Spooks or chug buggs work well. For added fun double up a chug bug (hook two together) so the lure action is extra loud and hold on for that striper. Also use a pearl colored super fluke. For carolina rigging use a gord green 6 inch lizard. Try Keg Creek with a spinner bait and suspending jerk baits. Now if you have a map and if my memory is correct at marker 248 there should be an island fairly close to the mainland and near the mouth of a river or inlet. Fish around this island with the gord green lizzard. Good Luck!