Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

lanier strippers

ok me and my dad have ben fishing lake lanier for about 5 years fishing for spots and stripers but we cant seem to find out the stripper pattern we have worked day and night triing to and have had very little succes f anyone who fishes lanair knows how to do it tell me thanx dave

Post Thanks / Like

RE: lanier strippers

2 stripers in the boat Dec. 20, 2003 :-) and I'm no longer a LM bass fisherman, but like you I've had no luck since then :-( . I follow posts and advice from other message boards for Lanier, but have come up short. I'm hoping to see one of these boards have more than just the guides talk about how good the striper fishing's been, but that's an indication that you gotta be out there hitting em' as much as possible and at the right time.
    Typical summer advise, though, hit south end of lake in mornings and evenings for fish up near surface, and during day use electronics to find schools (lately depth has been 28 to 32ft but watch finder carefully) then drop blue back herring or gizzard shad right on them with a down line. Heard mornings' been good using a white pearl super fluke in a twitch and stop method, which is what I'll try Friday eve the south part of Lanier. If I get fish, I will post, and if I don't, I won't!

Of course best advise is to save up $$ & get with a guide, that's my next year's plan anyway, especially if my record stays same.

Good fishing to ya! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

RE: lanier strippers

If you want to find the fish, find a guy named Gary Collier. If anyone can find the fish, he can. Plus im a bit partial to him as he is my cousin.

Good luck!