Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Folks at Brantley's Marina

I have been fishing Lake Oconee since the lake opened in '78, I would drive down from Kentucky every spring and fish at least a week. I usually rented a boat from what was the Collis' Marina. I later moved to Georgia, and as my health deteriorated I was forced to enter the skilled nursing unit at the Georgia War Veterans Home. I keep a fishing boat at Brantley's, and am still well enough to get away occasionally to bass fish. The people at Brantley's have gone way beyond the call of duty to assist me by offering all kinds of assistance, they make sure I get in the boat ok, carry my tackle and other necessities, such as ice and so on to the boat. I would recommend them highly to anyone anticipating a trip to Oconee; they also have a nice reasonably priced motel and resturant adjacent to the marina. It's not often you run into people like them these days.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Folks at Brantley's Marina

I'll second that. Brantley's is good people. They're good to my kids and me when we go by. The lady behind the counter can be slow as molasses with trying to figure out how much to ring up a candy bar for, but they're nice folks! ha I like Brantley's.

I also put in up Lick Creek at JR's but that old bird is usually a grouch. Though it looks like it's gone through a change lately. Anyone know what happened up there?