Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

would like to try non-boater tournament fishing

I would like to try non-boater tournament fishing. Can any help with some local tournaments. I live in Athens GA.
    Thanks
    zippy

Post Thanks / Like

RE: would like to try non-boater tournament fishing

You could try the night tournaments on lanier, just show up at the ramp to see if someone needs a partner. I think they're on Wed. nights. Or you could find a boater and fish the HD marine tournaments. There is one coming up on sinclar or oconnee i beleive....

Post Thanks / Like

BASS has one tourney left for the Ga division. It is at West point. You can show up this saturday and play the 125 entry fee and fish as a none boater on Sunday.
    follow this path to get more info: Bassmaster.com > tournements > Bassmaster series> Georgia Division.

It is to late to preregister ( I Think) They wiil be going out of Southern Harbor they will be registering Saturday(3:30 to 5:30pm approzimate time going early and ask around or call Southern Harbor. And will pair up at 7pm. The tourney is Sunday firstn light to 3 something. They need non boaters and would love to have you join.

I will be their in the back of a boat too. Maybe I will see you there.
    Eugene stinson

Post Thanks / Like

If you are interested in joining a local bass club you might try the Madison county Bassmasters. We are a Federated B.A.S.S. club based out of Danielsville Ga. We support the Top six event and help out in community youth projects like D.A.R.E. and the casting kids competitions. We are a draw tournament club with both boater and non boater members. We fish the second Sat. of every month and we hold our monthly meeting on the Mon. night prior to each tourn. Boaters are put in one hat and non boaters are put in another ,we draw for partners at the monthly meeting. If that is what you are talking about in terms of non boater tournaments then reply back and I will give you more info. My name is Darren McElroy and I am the current club president, we will get you on the water as fast as you can cast.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-05 AT 04:57AM (EST)[/font][p]Darren, thanks for your response. I would be interested in the Madison county Bassmasters. I have tired contacting Athens Bassmasters but no response. Can you send me more information. My email is evan5399@bellsouth.net. I'm already casting...

Thanks
    Chris