Search Fishin.com

Thread: johnson 70hp

Post Thanks / Like

johnson 70hp

any one own or have owned a johnson 70hp 1977 if so could you tell me where does the water discharge from the water pump.newer motors have a stream that shoots out the side to let you know the water pump is working, how bout on this motor? any input would be helpfull thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: johnson 70hp

fish hunter i am new to the discushon bord . the moto discharges like all with a thrugh hub exzoust . the ones you see with the little stream is just a indicator that the water pump is putting out . there is a warning buzzer in the shift box that will sound of when it gits hot . it should be a beigh wire that goes into the head . if you short it to the ground it will sound off

Post Thanks / Like

RE: johnson 70hp

Fishhunter, Take a look at the heads of your motor for a water tube, sometimes there is a peice of tubing that transfers water to the heads to keep them from overheating.I had tubes on Johnson 55 hp and a 65 hp as well as a GT 150. If you have this tube you can install the water indicator nozzle on your motor yourself. If you dont want your favorite marina to install it you can purchase the nozzle, a tee, and some tubing from them,then find an open space right under your cowling cover and drill the appropriate size hole for the nozzle and run the tubing to your tee. Now you are squirting. If you want you can purchase a water pressure gauge and another tee and include this into your line. Just run the tubing up to your dash and hook up the gauge. I have done this on several boats myself. It should not cost alot for the marina to do this if you dont want to bother with it.