Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

New Directors Wanted!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-05 AT 07:09PM (EST)[/font][p]Just thought I'd drop ya'll a note to let you know that Midwest Sportsman has expanded into Georgia,Alabama,Flordia,Virginia,North Carolina,South Carolina,Mississippi and West Tennessee. We will be known as the South East Division of Midwest Sportsman. We are looking for new directors in these areas to run tournaments.

What Midwest Sportsman has to offer you

* We have a 90% payback at the ramp.
    * The other 10% goes straight to the directors.
    * Midwest already has over 3,000 members.
    * Midwest has a great reputation for putting on great tournaments and awesome classics.
    * National classic worth over $100,000
    * The top 30% of your division in 2006 will qualify for the National Classic held in October worth over $100,000. The top 30% of the South East Region that qualified for the 2006 National Classic will also qualify for a Regional Classic that will be held in the Spring of 2007 in the South East Region.
    * Directors are automatically eligble for classic once they have 20 members. (that's Approx. 10 boats)
    * No meetings to attend
    * All materials needed to run a division are provided.**
    * Impressive incentives for directors.
    * Basically directors get paid to go fishing.
    * You pick the lake to run a division on.
    * You pick your own schedule.
    * Excellent support in helping directors start and maintain their divisions.

If you are interested in running a division or if you have questions please feel free to contact:

Bill Burton
    National Classic Director &
    South East Region Director
    Home: 1-(423)-566-2267
    Cell: 1-(865)-617-6276
    Email: burton203@aol.com

or

Doug Grimm
    Director of promotions &
    Watts Bar Lake Director
    Home: 1-(865)-769-5249
    Cell: 1-(865)-680-6400
    E-Mail: douggrimm@comcast.net

** Scales require a $150.00 deposit. Once your division reaches 30 members this will be refunded back to you. That's only approx. 15 boats.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: New Directors Wanted!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-05 AT 11:02AM (EST)[/font][p]MWS 04-05 Classic Problems/ Rules not enforced???

www.ohiogamefishing.com

Lets Do the Math????

MWS 2005
    1200 Competing Teams. 30 percent of these teams go to the 2005 Classic.

1200 x .30= 360 Teams to the 2005 Classic.

1200 teams x $120.00 per team (membership fees 2005) = $144,000.00

360 teams (classic qualifiers) x $120.00 ( additional 2005 classic qualifying fee) = $43,200

$187,200.00 receivables!

This is what Midwest had to operate with last year (2005).

First place paid $46,000. You can bet this was discounted to MWS in the form of sponsorship advertising. Bass Pro Shops / Nitro Tracker Boats. My guess is this cost MWS around $35,000 (deeply discounted boats). Lets assume it was not discounted and assume MWS paid $46,000 for the 2 boats.

Second place paid $10,000

Third place paid $5,000

Lets assume the remaining 33 places paid $1000.00 each. Obviously, some of the places paying more ,but more of the remaining places are paying less than $1000.00 per place. $33,000 was paid out to the remaining 33 teams. 36 Teams were the top 10 percent of the field.

Go ahead and finish this up for me guys?

Sponsoring hotels helped pay for the food, along with the Marshall County Tourism Board.

Alright, so you say the food was paid for by MWS. Lets factor in another $20,000 for food. That would be overkill but do it anyway.

Trophy’s / Id Cards/ scales/ etc. Lets allow another $20,000 for these. Remember some of these can be used year to year/ such as the scales and should not be fully written off over the course of a year. This is overkill as well but go ahead, add it in.

Total Expense $134,000

There is still quite a bit of money ($53,200) not accounted for……………… unless someone can shed some light, I think someone is making a very good living at owning / running this circuit.

Another Hot Topic…PRO’s??????????

2004-2005 Classic Links

http://www.midwestsportsmanin.com/class04.htm
    http://www.midwestsportsmanin.com/class05.htm

2004-2005 MWS RULES

1. Qualifying: Tournaments are open to anyone over 18 years of age. If, you are under 18 years of age, you must be accompanied in the boat by someone who is over 18 years of age. This tournament circuit is designed for the amateur tournament fisherman - If you fish the Pro Side of BASS, FLW or are a Professional Guide you cannot compete in the Midwest Sportsman Tournament Fishing Circuits.

2006 MIDWEST SPORTSMAN RULES
    1. Participation: Tournaments are open to anyone over 18 years of age. If under 18 years of age you must be accompanied in the boat by someone over 18 years old. Individuals who have fished in a tournament in the last 24 months that required an entry fee of $1000.00 or more are not eligible to fish in any Midwest Sportsman Tournament. If you are a professional guide on the waters that Midwest Sportsman holds its local tournaments on, you are not eligible to fish our circuits on that particular water.

Compare the Rules- The MWS circuit is no longer designed for the amateur fisherman!

Apparently it didn’t matter in the past either, because it doesn’t look like the rules were enforced.

2004 Classic 13th Place

-http://www.midwestsportsmanin.com/class04.htm
    2005 Classic 1st Place

-http://www.midwestsportsmanin.com/class05.htm

Is this the same PRO Angler competing in the Amateur MWS Circuit?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/outdoors/ba...d=12401&type=7

When MWS officials were questioned? They answered you couldn’t have fished the pro ranks in the last 2 years. Applying to the 2004-2005 year.

If you look at the website, you will see that this angler’s last BASS PRO tournament was Sept. 14th, 2002. MWS refuses to answer whether or not this is the same guy. Someone here should surely know?

This is not about who won the classic or placed in the classic. This is about enforcement of rules.

This means he could not have fished any qualifying MWS circuit or event until Sept. 14, 2004, if there was a 2 year rule in place.

The 2004 Classic was the first week of October, 2004. Do the Homework! That was a 3week time frame in which he had to fish all events and qualify for the 2004 Classic. None of the circuits were completed or had all of their events in 3week time frame. This would have been impossible. But yet he was still able to compete in 2004 MWS circuits and the 2004 classic, because He was fishing MWS events before he had been out of the PRO ranks for 2 years. It was either overlooked or it wasnt caught.

Everyone who fished the 2004 Classic who placed between 13th and 30th place should have moved up a position if this was the same angler who fished the PRO ranks. These teams may have been short changed on Pay Day! This Team/Angler should have not been allowed to compete this year if there was a 2 year Rule in Place Regarding PRO Anglers.

This circuit was created for amateur/weekend anglers. Take a look at where we are, now that the payout has risen to the level it has.

The Pro’s / EX-PRO's / Everstart guys, are moving in for the money and MWS is going to allow them to do so. MWS owner’s are making a killing as well.

Rules are being changed/ possibly not being enforced.

Good Luck to Everyone!

I am finished!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by hogwild : 12-07-2005 at 09:30 AM. Reason: typo

hogwild
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to hogwild
    Find More Posts by hogwild
    Add hogwild to Your Buddy List

12-06-2005, 06:16 PM #22
    fishin4five

Trader Rating: (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice hogwild.

A few additional comments:

2 Nitro NX882's do not cost $50,000 as claimed by Midwest. $46,000 is still inflated. I bought a new NX882 with a 150 merc for around $18,500, $21,300 out the door with everthing - tax, title, safety equip, cover, ect. Nitro boats are discounted significantly to everyone in the fall. I would imagine sponsorship relations would result in a larger discount.

2nd and 3rd place were paided by the local tourism board. Correct me if I'm wrong. That is $15,000 on top of it all.

Midwest stated 408 +/- a couple teams qualified for the classic. That means a total of approximately 1,360 paid teams fished the trail in 2005. Slightly more than 1,200. Each member of those teams paid $60. That would equal about $163,200. Granted some guys fish alone, but that number should still be a good estimate.

However, the money isn't my main concern. To list a few of the many...The amount of dead fish was disgusting! No official time was ever clearly announced if at all. On day two I asked the guys checking boats in the morning and received 2 different times. Weigh in baskets were knocked off the scale and never re-tared. Comments such as - cut us a break we put this together last minute were rather irritating. The men and women fishing the tournament spent thousands of dollars to fish for the week. Give them something to be proud to be a part of...

I apologize. I'm not one to complain but I had to put in my last two cents.

I'm done.

Lets go fish.

Last edited by fishin4five : 12-06-2005 at 06:27 PM.

fishin4five
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to fishin4five
    Send email to fishin4five
    Find More Posts by fishin4five
    Add fishin4five to Your Buddy List

12-06-2005, 09:10 PM #23
    RANGER 422

Trader Rating: (0)

hogwild;

If what you say is true about the Pro that fished the classic and BASS, shouldnt second place have a concern about this? I think everything you say looks good and it took you some time to gather all this info but does Midwest know about this Pro fishing?? They might end up spending the rest of the money for a couple more boats. Good job on the research!!

RANGER 422
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to RANGER 422
    Send email to RANGER 422
    Find More Posts by RANGER 422
    Add RANGER 422 to Your Buddy List

12-07-2005, 08:58 AM #24
    hogwild

Trader Rating: (0) The Rules Rule#1

Why do you think there is a rule change taking place for 2006? Of course they know about it.

Rule #1 for the year 2004-2005. How do you interpret it? When MWS was asked, they stated to another source who will remain nameless, that if a PRO hadnt fished in the last 2 years in a PRO event, he was allowed to fish MWS events for the 2004-2005 years. If you read the 04-05 Rules it doesnt mention anything about this 2 year clause. If just states if you fish as pro. There are no lengths of time mentioned. I was specifically stating that even if there was a 2 year rule, the 2004 Classic payouts were flawed from 13th place to the last place paying money, which I believe was around 33rd place. If there wasnt a 2 year rule, both the 04 and 05 Classic payouts would be flawed. And yes, the 05 Classic would be "Super Flawed", from 1st place all the way down to the last place paying money.

Was this the same Guy? This is the first question, that must be answered.

Why the rule changes all of the sudden?

I think we all are thinking the same thing. Why cant or wont MWS answer?

Where did the MWS national website go? There was a forum on there that people were posting comments on from all of the states participating in the classic. Those guys were really blasting MWS. Shortly after a guy from KY or TN questioned what was previously mentioned about a pro fishing in the Classic, the open forum just disappeared. This was the only forum that brought everyone together, from all of the states.

Do the math and put 2 and 2 together boys!

If you are wondering who is in question? Read the previous article and follow the links. If he indeed was the same guy (PRO). Depending on interpretation of the rules there could be some huge problems.

The 04-05 Rules state the tournament circuit is designed for the amateur angler.

Your call????

Last edited by hogwild : 12-07-2005 at 01:03 PM. Reason: additional comment

hogwild
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to hogwild
    Find More Posts by hogwild
    Add hogwild to Your Buddy List

12-08-2005, 09:39 AM #25
    shysterorange

Trader Rating: (0) Chain of Events all of the chaos makes perfect sense

Or does it?

I saw the forum before it was taken down. I also know that at least 2 of the people on this forum and thread were also imputting and saw what was going on with the MWS forum. They had posted to the MWS forum during the chaos. Without answers, you have doubt... Good questions HogWild. They deserve good answers.

shysterorange
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to shysterorange
    Find More Posts by shysterorange
    Add shysterorange to Your Buddy List

12-09-2005, 04:39 PM #26
    hogwild

Trader Rating: (0) Directors/State Directors MWS

At least 3 directors on this thread and 1 state director starting this thread and they have nothing to say about my previous post, in over 2 days.

Over 70 hits on this thread in 2 days and not a reply from a MWS rep.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: New Directors Wanted!!!

Hogwild,
    Since I do not follow the Ohio Link on this site, I just found your post on 12/26/05. I'am the Director of Promotions for MWS. My name is Doug Grimm. I have spoken with the National Classic Director Bill Burton in reference to your post. Both of us agree that somone that has so many unanswered questions and is making so many inaccurate statements would be well advised to use their own name other than just hogwild. We can only assume that you were the Ohio director that was just fired for your unsportsman like conduct. If this is not accurate please forgive my assumption.

In addition the numbers that you have quoted are drastically off. While I do maintain that MWS made a profit for the year it is no where near the numbers you have quoted. Also you have missed several other expenses including advertising,insurance, etc. I'am certainly not the person to give a total breakdown of these actual numbers, however remember no one would run a fishing trail for free.

your second concern was pro's fishing in the 2005 classic. Once again I'm not the authority on this subject but feel I can give some pretty accurate information. It was brought to our attention that possibly someone classified as a pro fished in the 2005 classic. This subject was beat to death on the MWS website. I personally followed the links that were provided an could not find anyone that had fished on the pro side. The name of the main person thought to be a pro escapes me, but as memory serves me correct this person had fished B.A.S.S. as an amatuer and even so was with-in the time limits allowed. The rules for 2006 season will state individuals who have fished in a tournament in the last 24 months that required an entry fee of $1000.00 or more are not eligible to fish in any MWS tournament. If you are a professional guide on the waters that MWS holds a local tournament on, you are not eligible to fish our circuit on that particular water. This rule would eliminate anyone how who has fished a pro circuit as a pro.

To address the website issue being taken down after this supposedly started is also false. These discussion went on for quite sometime before the site was started for reconstruction for 2006 season. In no way was the MWS site taken down for the purpose of stopping any negative feedback. In fact a 1-800 phone number was posted on this site that would connect you to the President/Ceo of MWS Gary Bailey. I will also provide you with this number now 1-800-808-3542.

I have been associated with MWS in one form or another for 5 years. We have done nothing, but improve during these last 5 years. I will allow you some degree that everything has not always been perfect. I will also state that whenever any issue has been brought to or attention it has been dealt with in a quick and appropriate manner. I will also state that I still don't know of any trail that conducts the number of tournaments and has a classic with the number of boats that we do, that has pay-outs as high as we do. MWS is a trail that's based for the amatuer angler and everything is being done to ensure that it stays this way. Apparently not everyone feels the same as you do. This is based on the fact that our memberships continues to grow. In fact as you read on my Georgia post for the 2006 season MWS has expanded to Flordia, Georgia, Mississippi,Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina. This will be known as the South East Region. This will allow anyone fishing in the South East Region to qualify for two classic's instead of one. I challenge anyone to find a better circuit for the amatuer angler than MWS. We have higher pay-outs than any other circuit out there. You do the math. MWS local tournaments pay-out 90% at the ramp. Does any other National Circuit do this, NO. The National Classic entry fee is paid back 100% does any other National Circuit do this, NO.

In conclusion I will provide the number to contact the President/Ceo of MWS Gary Bailey once again for those of you that may have questions. 1-800-808-3542.

As the Director of Promotions I'am able to answer some of your questions. My E-mail address is douggrimm@comcast.net If you have questions that I'm unable to answer then contact The National Classic Director & The South East Region Director
    Bill burton his E-mail address is burton203@aol.com. Midwest Sportsman has nothing to hide and only desires to provide an awesome tournament trail for the amatuer anglers out there. We hope the MWS website will be up and running soon. Until then I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you the best for the new year.

Thank You,
    Doug Grimm
    Director of Promotions &
    Watts Bar Lake Director
    Email- douggrimm@comcast.net