Take Me Fishing*
KID'S FISHING DAY AT AZALEA PARK ON THE CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER
Come on out on Saturday, April 15th!

SOCIAL CIRCLE, Ga. (April 12, 2006) --- North Georgia Trout Online (NGTO) and The Outdoor Adventure Network, in cooperation with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Wildlife Resources Division (WRD), the Roswell Recreation and Parks Department and the U.S. National Park Service present Kid's Fishing Day at Azalea Park (Chattahoochee River Park) on Saturday, April 15, 2006 (9 a.m. - 12 Noon). Events such as these are a great way to encourage youth to get outdoors and have some fun and also will help adults, especially those with little or no angling experience, to introduce a child to fishing.

Young anglers (age 15 and under) who participate in this particular event will get to fish with either their own equipment or use one of the loaner rods and reels that will be available (limited amount). Bait will be provided - or bring your own! WRD will stock the water with 3,000 catchable size trout prior to the event. Additionally, Steve Scruggs and his popular "Let's Get Wild" wildlife presentation will be available (thanks to a sponsorship from Bill Graham Contracting). Youth also will receive instruction on baiting a hook, casting a line, understanding fish behavior and how to contact organizations to help them learn more about fishing!

Children who are introduced to fishing today are more likely to continue fishing as adults. In fact, 85 percent of today's freshwater anglers began fishing before they turned 13. In contrast, only eight percent took up fishing as adults - so take them fishing, today!

Take Me Fishing!* A recent national survey indicated that 87 percent of Americans believe fishing and boating have a positive effect on family relationships. So take your family fishing and you will always have something in common.

For more information on this event, go to the NGTO website at www.ngto.org . Azalea Park is located at 203 Azalea Drive, Roswell 30075. It is off Roswell Road on the North side of the Chattahoochee River.
###

Editor's Note: Take Me Fishing is a national campaign developed by the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation. Information about the campaign is available at www.takemefishing.org , select "Press Room".