Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kids Fishing Festival on the Chattahoocheee River

KIDS FISHING FESTIVAL TO BE HELD ON THE CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER ON NATIONAL HUNTING AND FISHING DAY
    CUMMING, Ga. (August 31, 2006) –Fishing is an activity that can provide a lifetime of enjoyment and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Wildlife Resources Division (WRD) encourages all adults to bring their children to a Kid’s Fishing Event (KFE) to introduce them to this fun pastime. WRD, along with the Cumming Kiwanis Club, the Forsyth-Cumming Optimist Club, the Sawnee Optimist Club, the National Wild Turkey Federation, the Tailwater Chapter of Trout Unlimited, Rainbow Ranch, Outside World, Lake Lanier Guide Association, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, will host a KFE on the Chattahoochee River at the Buford Dam Lower Pool Park. This event will take place on National Hunting and Fishing Day, Saturday, Sept. 23 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. As an added attraction, the Buford Trout Hatchery will stock 2,500 rainbow trout in the river during this event. Hot dogs and drinks will be provided to participants.

This event is for children 15 and under. Participants are asked to bring their own fishing poles, as only a limited number of loaner poles will be available. Sponsors will provide the bait but participants can bring their own bait or lures if desired. Parents must accompany children throughout the event and WRD recommends that everyone, especially young children, bring and wear life jackets. There will be some fishing demonstrations and volunteers available to assist participants with tasks such as baiting hooks and removing fish from hooks.

This event is part of a statewide celebration in honor of the 35th National Hunting and Fishing (NHF) Day. On this day, WRD wants to remind everyone that conserving the state’s natural and wildlife resources is one of the most important responsibilities for this and future generations and the conservation programs supported and financed by Georgia anglers and hunters have benefited hundreds of wildlife species, including trout, striped bass, lake sturgeon, deer, wild turkeys, bald eagles and songbirds. For information about other NHF Day events, visit the WRD website at www.georgiawildlife.com .

This KFE will take place at Lower Pool Park (located off Buford Dam Road) below Buford Dam on the Chattahoochee River. For more information on this event, contact Liz Avret at the WRD Fisheries Management Office in Gainesville at (770) 535-5498. For directions to the Lower Pool Park, call (770) 945-9531. For more information on fishing opportunities in Georgia, visit www.gofishgeorgia.com .

Take Me Fishing™ A recent national survey indicated that 87 percent of Americans believe fishing and boating have a positive effect on family relationships. So take your family fishing and you will always have something in common.

###

Editor’s Note: Take Me Fishing is a national campaign developed by the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation. Information about the campaign is available at www.takemefishing.org , select “Press Room”.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Psychiatrist

Jerry went to a psychiatrist. "Doc," he said, "I've got trouble. Every time I get into bed, I think there's somebody under it. I'm going crazy!" Just put yourself in my hands for one year," said the shrink. "Come to me three times a week, and I'll cure your fears." How much do you charge?" A hundred dollars per visit." I'll sleep on it," said Jerry. Six months later the doctor met Jerry on the street. "Why didn't you ever come to see me again?" asked the psychiatrist. For a hundred bucks a visit? The bartender cured me for $10." "Is that so! How?" He told me to cut the legs off the bed!" Ain't nobody under there now!!!----------------------------------Looking to buy wow gold? Do you look for cheap wow gold? Welcome to our website:1.World Of Warcraft gold,2.World Of Warcraft gold,3.World Of Warcraft gold,4.World Of Warcraft gold,5.wow gold,