Hi all,

My name is Joe Behr and I usually visit the IN and KY boards as "JB", although I have noticed another JB from time to time also. I live in Elizabeth, IN, which is near Louisville,KY.

My wife and I are heading a fund-raising effort for a local teenager in need of a double-lung transplant due to having Cystic Fibrosis. His name is Christian Goodpaster and he used to submit the Southern Indiana Bow Fishing report on this site a couple years ago. Christian and his mom are currently staying in Durham, NC while he awaits his transplant. We are trying to raise $100,000 for the transplant and related expenses, such as medications and recovery therapies, which are not covered by insurance. We live in a very small community and need to look to outside resources for help in raising the needed funds.

I would like to find individuals, clubs, businesses, and/or organizations willing to help by hosting or organizing some charity fishing tournaments. I have fished in a few small bass tournaments, but know absolutely nothing about organizing them, obtaining sponsors, prizes, etc. I have tried talking to various businesses and individuals, but have not had any luck so far. I am interested in tournaments for any species of fish, any time of year, and on any body of water. I realize there is a lot of work involved in this process and am willing to help in any way possible.

We are being assisted in our fund-raising efforts by the Children's Organ Transplant Association (COTA), a national non-profit group based in Bloomington, IN. 100% of all funds raised go to COTA to be distributed to Christian as needed for his transplant expenses only. To learn more about COTA, Christian, and our campaign, check out the following sites:

www.cota.org, click "Patient Campaigns", select initial C, and scroll down to Christian Goodpaster

http://lungs4christian.myiglou.com

www.redhotflies.com/school.htm

I can be reached in the following manners:

jbehr1@ford.com (work)
behrsden@peoplepc.com (home)

Joseph and Deanna Behr
4840 O'Bannon Rd SE
Elizabeth, IN 47117
(812) 969-3422

Thanks for your time and consideration.