[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-04 AT 09:31PM (EST)[/font][p]Just a note to all letting you know about the Gaston Tournament coming up next month on Brookville lake. Every year for the past six, PWT and RCL pro Jeff Koester puts on an annual walleye and catfish tournament on Brookville Lake. The tournament is in honor and memory of Jeff's friend and fishing partner Richard T. Gaston, an Indiana State trooper that lost his life in the line of duty back in 1999. In his memory, all proceeds from the tournament are used to award yearly scholarships to five Franklin County High School seniors. To date, over $50,000 has been awarded to deserving individuals.

The tournament this year will be held on September 18th, 2004. Check in is at the Mounds SRA beach at 7:00 am. Get there early before all the home made pastries are gone. Weigh-in is at the same location at 3:00 pm. After weighing your limit catch of walleye and catfish, enjoy a fine supper prepared by the tournament staff. Every year the food seems to get better. It's the only tournament I know that feeds you after a hard day on the water.

Additional information and applications are available at:

http://gaston.walleyelist.com

This is a great tournament for a good cause. I urge all you walleye and catfish guys to get out there. The bite for both on this lake this year has been hot. I predict record weights this year.

Mark