Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

anglers imput PLEASEEEEEE

DEAR ANGLERS, IT ALMOST TIME TO HAVE THE BIG BASS MONEY TOURNEY AT MEROM/TURTLE CREEK. THE WABASH VALLEY BASS CLUB WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW WE COULD MAKE THIS TOURNY BETTER AND HOW TO DRAW MORE PEOPLE BACK. I KNOW THIS LAKE IS TOUGH AND WITH THE RESTRICTION OF HP AND SIZE OF FISH IT IS A HARD TOURNY. WE ARE CONSIDERING TWO DIFFERENT DATES AS OF RIGHT NOW ( THE SAT. ON EASTER WKEND OR APRIL 9TH) ANY SUGGESTIONS OR REPLIES FROM PEOPLE WHO HAS FISHED THIS WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED. THANKS TO ALL THAT READS THIS AND GOOD FISHING TO ALL.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: anglers imput PLEASEEEEEE

Just a thought, and you may have already checked into this. Is there a way to get with whomever authority is in charge and get a special one-day exemption for this tourney to allow bigger engines at IDLE ONLY (similar to Summit Lake)? The benefit being the more you draw the more $$ they'll make (via ramp fees) and allowing larger boats would definitely be a big draw in my opinion. You could even extend this a bit and offer an additional 5% of entries ($5 per boat) taken in as a good will gesture. They could have security on hand that day patrolling the lake to ensure idle speed compliance if they were concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish this eavry year and if you want to see more people there you need to pay back more money. I think that only 60% payback turns alot of people off! Also you must keep it early in March if you have it April there will be to many other tournaments going on. At least I know I have already filled every weekend in April with tournaments. Thats my 2cents

RW

Post Thanks / Like

Too many tournaments in April...best bet would be to have in early March before all of the other circuits get going.

Post Thanks / Like

THANX TO ALL WHO HAS REPLIED. THE TOURNEY IS SCHEDULED. IF DIDNT SEE EASTER WKEND TOURNEY BELOW, I WILL RESITE IT ALITTLE. TURTLE CREEK AT MEROM INDIANA ON MARCH 26TH,THIS IS A SAT. ALSO TURTLE CREEK LODGE SAYS IT WILL GIVE A REDUCE RATE FOR CAMPERS ECT IF YOUR ARE FISHING THIS TOURNEY. IF ANY QUESTIONS ECT ABOUT THIS FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT patches128@yahoo.com. THANX FOR EVERYONES TIME AND GOOD LUCK FISHING THIS YEAR.