Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Franchi 620 Shotgun????

I own a Franchi 620 20ga. gas operated shotgun, an autoloader of coarse. It will not eject 21/2 dram eq. shells. The gas regulator has two positions. One for light loads and one for heavy loads. Even in the light position, it will not throw the spent shell clear of the bolt upon firing. I tried some 3dram eq. shells with a light charge of 3/4 ounce shot. This is federals high velocity round. It shoots them fine. Has anyone else ever had this problem and fixed it or will I have to live with only shooting heavy loads in this gun?? Since most 20 shells have the 2.5 charge, it is burdensome in trying to find shells the gun likes. Is it because it is new and needs break in time???

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Franchi 620 Shotgun????

Bet you wish you had gotten a Browning now!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot the Franchi 48 al. it is not gas operated. no problems with light loads since it is recoil operated but I checked their web site aand specs at this site
    http://www.franchiusa.com/firearms/model612.tpl
    And they say min recommended loads for proper cycling is 7/8 ounce loads.
    Hope this helps
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Octopuss, my father-in-law has the same gun ibelieve, not for sure but it has the allowy reciever and trigger. I do know for a fact it does the same thing with low powered shells. I thought it just needed cleaned but thats not the problem. It fires the high powered just fine. I know because it was breaking me up taking it crow hunting, using high powers. I believe its just the condition those guns were made.

Post Thanks / Like

Loader, or whoever, ya I wish I had a Browning, but I wish I had your money also. I got this 620 second hand for $300. It is a month old. An update is that I have no trouble with Rottweil, Sellier Bellot, and High velocity Trap rounds AA with 7/8 ounce shot. My dad owns a browing gold hunter, and I'll be the first to sing it's praises. Nothing wrong with those guns for sure, I'm just on a budget. Thanks for your nice help loader.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you got the gun at a deal. I just thought if you had paid new prices for it you could have gotten a Browning .My mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

It made me feel better today when I tried the gun with 7/8 ounce Rottweil game with 21/2 powder. They shot fine, no problems. Also bought a box of AA super sporting clays and they shot fine. They are also 7/8 ounce. The shells that didn't shoot were Remington Gun Club trap shells, those are the only ones so far that won't cycle through the gun. I think it's cheap shells mostly that had me paranoid. Now I know I got a good deal, although I'm sure that browing would cycle Gun club shells fine.